Sunday, October 28, 2012

Barb's Surprise Blog Hop!

Recently a group of Hero Arts flickr friends met at Scrapfest, and Barb organized our dinners and kept us all in line while we were there.  We all clicked immediately and had a fantastic time, way too short!  One of our number, Virginia, thought it would be a fun idea to have a little blog hop in honor of our friend Barb - today is her birthday!  We are each making her a card; here is mine:


supplies: ivory card base, design papers from Doodlebug Design and MME, Penny Black Petal Party flowers and Hero Arts sentiment from Sending Smiles Messages, VersaFine onyx black ink, pale yellow buttons

Barb loves pink and green, and she and I share a love of flowers, so that made this card easy to make!  Happy Birthday, my friend - wishing you a wonderful birthday!

Here are links to some alumnae Hero Hostesses who will be participating:


Here we all are one night at Scrapfest; (top row, left to right, Marcy, me, Linda, Judy, bottom row, Kathy, Nancy, Virginia, Barb):



If you'd like to make Barb a birthday card also, just go on over to Virginia's blog and you can link it there!

20 comments:

Dawn T said...

so beautiful Lin. I love the pretty pink flowers with the soft greens.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love those beautiful papers, Lin - perfect for your wonderful flowers! Such fun hopping with you, my friend!!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love the pretty floral card!

Barb said...

Oh, my goodness, what a wonderful surprise! I was just going to head to bed, but thought I'd check to see who else put up a post tonight - wow! You ladies are THE BEST! I happened to receive this gorgeous card in the mail today and I LOVE IT!! Thank you so much, Lin! Hugs to you! :)

Virginia L. said...

AWESOME post, Lin! I love your color combo! You and Barb sure have GREAT taste! The flower and buttons are so delightful! I know Barb will cherish this! HUGS! xo

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card I love the flowers they are so beautiful and the layout is fabulous. Caroline xxx

Linda said...

That is a gorgeous B-day card, Lin. Love the patterns you choose!

Brenda said...

Oh Wow! Barb is going to go nuts over your beautiful flowers Lin! It's going to make her day for sure!

Karen B. said...

What a great thing to do for Barb! Your card is gorgeous!

Jackie said...

What a sweet thing to do! Your card is beautiful, I'm sure she will love it.

judkajudi said...

This is stunningly gorgeous! Love the flower and the colors!! I guess Barb was really surprised!

MarcyK924 said...

GORGEOUS card Lin - I can hear Barb swooning! SO awesome getting to meet you and all our sistahs! LOVE your post! Hugs, Marcy

Kathy (krolski) said...

This is a pink beauty Lin! It looks like Barb loved your card and so do I!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

So beautiful and so elegant - and so perfect for Barb! Love your card and what you are doing for her - she's lucky to have friends like you! Hugs, Karin

Unknown said...

This is GORGEOUS, Lin! When I read about the blog hop I just KNEW you'd make a pink and green one for Barb!! The papers and the flowers are lovely and the patterns all work so well together!

Renee V said...

Gorgeous!!!! What pretty flowers and coloring!

Martha said...

Lin, this is BEAUTIFUL! I'm sure Barb loved it!

Cathy A said...

Gorgeous card Lin, so glad you got to meet fellow Flickr friends at scrapfest

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Lin, this is gorgeous--I love the beautiful flowers and the colors. Your design is great.

donna mikasa said...

Such a sweet card, Lin! Love the pinks and the floral theme which is perfect for Barb!