Thursday, June 12, 2014

Just for you

Here's a tag for Virginia's View challenge.  I started with my recycled item, then found stamps and colors to go with it that made me happy.  Evidently this week I'm in a lace mood.....


supplies: Tim Holtz kraft tag, Hero Arts Circle Doily and script from Artistic Windows, sentiment from The Craft's Meow Simply Delightful, leaves are Wplus9's Fresh Cut Florals stamps and die, seam binding dyed with spun sugar distress reinker, My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart brad, PTI Beautiful Blooms II #1 flower dies

My recycled item is hand-dyed coffee filters, from my friend Mary Ann.  I cut 3 layers of 2 sizes of flower dies, then secured them together with a brad and fluffed them.  I used to have a poppy that looked just like this!

Thanks, Virginia, for a fun challenge - so glad to put these coffee filters to a fun use!

8 comments:

Betty said...

so lovely and vintage!

Barb said...

The colors, text, embossed doily, pretty ribbon and gorgeous flower sure do make for a lovely combination, Lin! Stunning tag! ♥

Virginia L. said...

Who knew that this beautiful tag was made with some recycle items!? Brilliant take on this challenge, Lin! I adore this one! Thanks so much for joining the fun over Virginia's View Challenge!

Tracey McNeely said...

This is so pretty Lin, love the coffee filter flower!

Christine L said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Lin... and would also fit in well at our In The Pink Challenge Flower Garden theme - find it here:
http://inthepinkchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

Hugs
Christine x

Sarah G said...

Your tag is beautiful! Love that gorgeous flower :)

donna mikasa said...

LOVE your coffee filter bloom--I must try this! Such a pretty, shabby chic tag!

Cris G. said...

Your tag is absolutely beautiful, Lin. Love the script background, the bloom is fantastic and the lace doily is so gorgeous (I recently bought some lace stamps myself and I'm loving them :)). Congratulations on your win at V.V.C.!