Saturday, July 26, 2014

For Virginia

I am positive I'm not the only person who bought Penny Black's Botanithis post to see a listing of all of them, and then you can click on any one to be taken to the post where it was featured.  Truly a work of love.

cal Notes as a result of Virginia's work with it.  Over about a month's time, she created SEVENTEEN cards with just this one cling stamp!  Look at

So of course, I had to get myself one of these stamps, and my first idea was to try paper-piecing it.  Penny Black does such a nice job of making stamps that are collage-style,  and I wanted to use some subtle tone-on-tone papers with it, to give it a vintage feel.  Here's how my card turned out:


I used a wide variety of 6" paper pads from My Mind's Eye, Graphic 45, Lawn Fawn, and Carta Bella.  I added a simple sentiment from Simon's Handwritten Sentiments set.

Thank you, Virginia, for showing us how to get the most out of our supplies; we should all take a page out of your book!

14 comments:

Barb said...

I loved Virginia's cards using this stamp - I'm pretty sure she inspired quite a few of us! Yours is gorgeous too, Lin - love how you paper-pieced the images! ♥

Virginia L. said...

Now...will you look at that :)
It's absolutely gorgeous, Lin!! I will never get tired of seeing this image, especially how you used it! Love the paper-piecing and background! You have done wonders to this stamp :) Hope to see more (wink)! Glad that I enabled you!

LauraJane:) said...

The papers you chose are so pretty together!
Yes, Virginia has me purchasing this stamp as well.

Betty said...

beautiful, Lin! and love all the different soft color papers you used - great paper piecing!

Unknown said...

I check out your blog every day & I realised that I have never left a comment. I'm sorry so I have made the effort tonight as I wanted to give something back. I have been inspired time & time again by your designs & beautiful work. Thank you

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Wow! Love the PP! I got this stamp because of Virginia too! I've made 3 cards so far and have not blogged them yet... I can't put his stamp away!

Jill said...

GORGEOUS! So glad you're enjoying Botanical Notes, too. I am loving what you've done with it here, piecing it with the perfect selection of pattern papers. Congrats on the tweet from Penny Black. HUGS!

Cat Craig said...

Wonderful use of pp Lin, your selections are so pretty together.

Lisa Elton said...

I think you've done an amazing job here yourself Lin!! Very pretty ;)

Dotty Jo said...

Your card is fabulous, Lin! Virginia will be delighted... and I'm sure Dr. John might have a thing to say about it too! Jo x

stampingandstitching said...

Wow Lin, this is absolutely gorgeous! Love your wonderful mix of papers and your paper piecing is fantastic - it must have taken forever!!

Lynn Put said...

This is beautiful Lin! I love the collage feel and how pretty your coloring is.

Dawn T said...

Your paper piecing is lovely. I really like the look you got with this stamp

Katie said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS!