Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ariel's butterfly


This is Anita's daughter, Ariel; isn't she a pint-sized replica of her Mama?   A week ago, Anita posted some pictures of her son's birthday party on her blog, and I commented how much I liked Ariel's shirt.  Anita wrote back and said she was working on a card inspired by it and asked if I would like to make a card, too.  So here is mine:



I tried to find colors as close to those in Ariel's shirt as I could: hot pink, orange, and yellow.  The Artists Butterfly was a natural choice to bring all those colors together.  I loved Ariel's little ruffled skirt, too, so that's what my pink flowers represent along the bottom of my card.  And the bow represents the one in her hair.  I added lots of glitter and gems to my butterfly (I seem to remember that little girls love them).


To see Anita's card, go to her blog here.  Thanks, Anita, this was fun, forcing this pastel girl to use some colors I might not use on my own! 

Supplies: Hero Arts H5416 Artists Butterfly, LL206 Take Good Care Greetings, brown, pink, orange, yellow cardstocks, Martha Stewart Butterfly punch, pink flowers and silk ribbon, orange gems, pink and gold glitter

11 comments:

Ann said...

Oh that pink butterfly is LUSH! you're certainly on a creative roll Lin - I'm loving everything you do at the moment!

Barb said...

Oh, this is so neat, Lin! Love that you were both inspired by Ariel's outfit! This card is gorgeous! Love the pretty colors against the brown and your fun, puffy flowers!

Alice said...

awww... this is so sweet, Lin! love that you took the inspiration from Ariel's outfit! the butterfly butterfly frail and the flower ruffle are fab!! love this!

Unknown said...

This is SO sweet and lovely, Lin! Love the trail of gems and tiny butterflies.. Hugs!

Jenny said...

Gorgeous Lin... i love it so pretty!! :) :) :) :)

Diana said...

ADORE the butterfly card! Love coming to visit you! Thanks for sharing! Loads of new cards on my blog. Take care!

Anita Rex said...

Oh Lin I love your card so much! When I look at Ariel's shirt I thought of that butterfly too, but I don't have it! So glad you used it! Love the flowers at the bottom! Such a great card Lin! This was so fun! And fun to see you use bright colors too! :> I would do this again!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh my gosh, that is darling!! Both the card and little Ariel! Great closeup on your butterfly!

Nat said...

beautiful inspiration!! love these colours and butterfly too!! This little gal is a cutie!! Great card Lin! :)

Nancy said...

Your card is adorable Lin, but not as cute as Ariel! She does look just like Anita. What a fun challenge!

Suzanne C said...

How sweet is that picture of her daughter and your card captures the feel of her pretty shirt so perfectly. Beautiful!