Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sunshine and flowers


I made this card for 2 challenges: the monthly Hero Arts "Keeping in Touch", and since I used chipboard for the frame, Jenny's Challenge 16.  She is offering up some yummy Cosmo Cricket goodies! 

I haven't made a clear card in a long time; I know how much I enjoy receiving one, because they're just a little bit different.  Blues and yellows always make me happy, and they seemed to match the sentiment I chose, which fits perfectly inside the chipboard frame.  All stamps are Hero Arts: CL322 Artistic Borders (flowers), E4147 Sunshine and Flowers, CG119 Flourish Background.

14 comments:

Tiffany Ervin said...

So cute and colorful with your blossoms of flowers, the colors makes me want a sundress in blue and yellow! I always love your work with clear acetate!

Kryssi said...

super pretty. i really like that u used clear acetate!

SewSuzySew said...

Lovely Pretty and Fresh!

Krissy said...

love this one, Lin! Blue and yellow is one of my favorite combinations (must be back to my Swedish roots!)

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card lin with blue and yellow...and I love acetate cards...hugs kath xxx

Dawn T said...

As soon as I saw this I felt happy Lin. Love these colours and you are so clever with your clear cards.

Barb said...

Those flowers look so pretty against the gingham frame, Lin! And the acetate really does make it extra special! Love this!

Alice said...

this is so pretty, LIn! love the colors!!

Ann said...

Oh so pretty - there's something about blue, yellow and gingham that is so homey. Love the acetate too - and sorry I missed that gorgeous pink vellum butterfly Lin - how beautiful is that!

Nancy said...

This is so pretty, Lin. What a great color combination!

Hannah said...

Such a bright and happy card here. you rock the blue & yellow combo, lin!

Sarah J Moerman said...

SO pretty! Love your color combo and fun button flower centers!

Suzanne C said...

Lovely acetate card. Love the flowers around the frame.

Ann said...

Beautiful color combo! Thanks for playing with us at Wee Memories!