Thursday, November 11, 2010

More Holly

Two more cards using the lovely Classic Holly stamp.  This first one is done in pastels.  I painted the leaves using a mix of peeled paint distress ink and water.  After it was dry I masked it and overstamped in Soft Blossom ink using the Flourish Background.  The veins of the leaves and the perimeter were glittered, and I added pink pearls and the sentiment to finish.  The beautiful pink cardstock is a gift from Isha; she sent it along with the card she made me for the last Card Chain Challenge in October. 


Supplies: white and pink cardstock, Hero Arts CG229 Classic Holly, CG119 Flourish Background, CL343 Holiday Sayings, Versafine Olympia Green and Versafine Onyx black inks, peeled paint distress ink, nesties labels eight, glitter pen and prisma glitter, Hero Arts pale pink pearls

This next one was inspired by a card made by Barb, from the Hero Arts flickr group.  I loved her caramel and rich red color scheme.  This one was also painted with a mix of pine needles distress ink and water, and fired brick and water for the berries, which were glazed with glossy accents.  The music background was stamped in tea dye distress ink and I used it to distress the edges of the top-notch diecut.  I finished by adding some twine and a button and cutting my sentiment into 2 little tags. 



Supplies:  parchment and red cardstock, Hero Arts CG222 Music Background, CG 229 Classic Holly, CL343 Holiday Sayings, Versafine onyx black ink, tea dye, pine needles, and fired brick distress inks, button, twine

16 comments:

Dawn T said...

Both of these are stunning Lin. Isn't amazing how just changing some colours can make such a difference

lynzw21 said...

Two more beautiful cards Lin. I love the sentiment on the little tags in the second card, such a nice touch!

SewSuzySew said...

Both Cards are lovely Lin!

I know how you love Robins so just to let you know I have a Friday Freebie Patchwork Robin available today ... just help yourself.

Did you see any more Mabel Lucie Attwell Images ... I couldn't believe it when Suzz used some stamped images on a Card the day after I mentioned the Artist to you.

Hugs
Suze x

Hellemor said...

These cards i lovely, Lin. I got this stamp but haven`t used very mush. Thanks for the inspiration.

Kath Stewart said...

loving all your gorgeous holly cards lin....such inspiration...hugs kath xxx

Sarah J Moerman said...

Beautiful cards, Lin! You are on a roll with that Holly stamp!

Rosemary said...

your holly cards are lovely, lin! thanks for the sweet comments!

Barb said...

Lin, these cards are just beautiful! Love them both! Thanks for the mention. . .so glad I could inspire you! The pink one is such fun! I love those colors, as you know! Hugs to you! :)

Jacqueline said...

I love the color combo of the pink with green - so soft and delicate looking with that background stamp and I can see that this stamp is so versatile with your style - beautiful!

Arlene said...

Each is uniquely beautiful. Love the soft colors and tone of the pastel card and the bold, rich colors of the second.

Jane said...

LOVE them both! I especially love the glitter on the first one!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful cards! So pretty! The distressed effect on the second card is so pretty! The pink version is lovely too!

Alice said...

these are soooooo pretty, Lin!!! you are making me wanting that stamp!! =)

Anita Rex said...

I like seeing you use this stamp both vertically and horizontally! And in such different color schemes! So pretty! :>

Tiffany Ervin said...

Love all the holly cards you've been creating lately Lin! So many variations with just this one stamp! I love the 2nd one with the bolder green - it offsets the red perfectly!

Sue McRae said...

Beautiful cards Lin and love your new bird header!