Thursday, December 2, 2010

CASE Study #17

This month at CASE Study, our muse is the talented Nina Brackett.  Here is the lovely card she made for us to CASE:


She used as her background some lovely Webster's Pages.  I have a few sets, but have been so intimidated by their gorgeousness that I've used very few of them.  When I saw Nina's card, I figured it was now or never!  So here is my take on her card:


I chose a petite paper from Webster's Waiting for Santa pack, and added a birdhouse pieced from another red script paper from the same pack and parchment paper.  To that I added a holly sticker and hung it from a piece of crochet lace, topped with a red satin ribbon and a white ribbon rose, and finished by stamping my sentiment. 

Supplies: red and cream parchment cardstock, Webster's Pages Waiting for Santa Petite Papers pack, Hero Arts CL251 SparkleClear Birdhouse Tag, CL111 Hand Drawn Christmas (sentiment), CH231 Lace Ribbon, Versamark onyx black ink, clear embossing powder, red satin ribbon, cream ribbon rose, unknown holly sticker 

And since I like how my bow turned out, I'm also entering this into the Wee Memories challenge: Bowtiful Ribbon.

17 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful CASE card, Lin! Every element is lovely and gorgeous! Good luck on the challenge!

donna mikasa said...

I know how hard it is to use WP papers--I love to hoard their gorgeousness! You used a perfect piece for your card! So beautiful and vintagey! Love this, Lin!

Barb said...

Lin, I'm so glad you used this gorgeous page from the Webster's pack! It just perfect with your birdhouse and stunning bow!

Dawn T said...

WOW Lin. This is a stunner,

Alice said...

this is so pretty, Lin! LOVE the pretty pp you used. and love love the lovely new header photo. such a wonderful photo!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Gorgeous card Lin! So stunning. Thank you for playing along with us this week at Wee Memories :)

Hellemor said...

Gosh, this is beautiful. The little bird house match the paper perfeckt. Lovely colors.

Sanne said...

FANTASTIC - gorgeous christmas cards Lin - my fave is the first - that is a STUNNER!

ivy said...

lovely!

Aimes said...

Oh I'm so glad you finally plucked up the courage to use that paper! It fits so well with your card!
Thanks so much for joining us at CASE study this week!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Jinny Newlin said...

So pretty, Lin! LOVE all your fabulous elements! Thanks for playing along in Wee Memories' Scrappy Saturday Challenge!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful card. Love that paper and you used it perfectly on your card.

Ann said...

Love those papers and that gorgeous ribbon! Wow! Thanks for playing at Wee Memories this week! :D

Chris said...

Very nice! Love the bird house. :) I'm so happy to be the sponsor this week over at CASE study.

Sue said...

this is stunning Lin, the colours are beautiful, your bow is absolutely perfect!! thanks for sharing with us at CASE study! :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Gorgeous, Lin! I love how your ribbon/rose cluster matches the dp! Super coordination! An all around beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study challenges!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

YAY for gathering courage to break out this gorgeous Webster's Pages paper! :) Super gorgeous card, the red really packs a punch here. I'm so glad that you took the time to participate in our challenge this week! xxx