Friday, December 31, 2010

Looking back - my favorite cards of 2010

I like the idea of doing an end of the year post showing some of my favorite favorites from the year past.  I've chosen one card for each of these artists, but I could just have easily chosen 5 or 6 from each one, and there are many others who, for one reason or another, I couldn't include.  I've linked each card back to the artist's photostream on Flickr.  Many of them also have a blog; if you go to her Flickr profile, it is often listed.  In alphabetical order.

Anna-Karin:  What a lovely mix of stamps and colors!  Her creations are always breathtaking!


Carole:  Carole's style is shabby-chic to the max! 


Emilia:  Emilia and I share a love of flowers.  Isn't this stunning?


Godelieve:  Godelieve has done a whole series of these vellum lacy lovelies, one more beautiful than the last.


Heather Maria:  Heather's use of fabric is something that makes her cards standouts; her quilting background really shines.


Hellemor:  Isn't this card wonderful?  Full of quilted goodness and some of my favorite colors!


Jacqueline:  One of my first contacts from the flickr group; I have trouble commenting on Jacqueline's work because I've run out of superlatives.  Again, her style is all her own.


Jill:  Jill has developed her own unique style, and I always love her cards.


Judy:  Love this card - hearts and flowers and pearls!


Kath:  She has such a unique style - and a great role model for me!


Kathy Rosecrans:  her cards are always full of beauty.


Lucy:  This exemplifies some of my favorite things that Lucy uses: stitching, buttons, kraft. 


Linda aka Oz: What an artist this talented lady is!


Patty:  Being a fan of lilacs, this card instantly drew me in.  I'm lucky enough to have the original!


Robin:  All of her cards always touch something in me.  Look at her photostream and see if you don't agree.


Suzanne:  Her cards inspire me on a daily basis; Sue has some serious talent!


and Tif:  what an amazing mix of stamps!  Tif is a girl for all styles, and she does each one to perfection.


Aren't they amazing?  Thank you ladies, for your constant day-to-day inspiration.  Looking forward to a whole new year of more - Happy New Year everyone!!

28 comments:

Anita Rex said...

Wow Lin! What a great idea to showcase your favorite of each artist! Love seeing and reading what you thought!

Barb said...

There are many here that have been my faves too! So fun to see them again! Thanks for sharing, Lin and Happy New Year to you!

Emilia said...

Thank you so much for showing my card. What a great surprise! It is true, I really LOVE flowers! I am happy you liked my Poppy card. Happy new year!!!!

stampingandstitching said...

Lin, I love seeing and reading about your favourites for 2010. Thanks for showing my butterfly card - can't believe I'm in a post with all these talented ladies! I'd also like to thank you so much Lin for always inspiring me with your wonderful creations, your friendship and for being so encouraging and kind. By the way Toby is just such a good (and patient!) dog and he was rewarded with doggie treats for all his posing today!Hugs and a very Happy New Year to you:)

judkajudi said...

I am picking myself up off the floor! I am humbled to have one of my cards included in this amazing selection, Lin! I really enjoyed this post; what a great idea! Happy New Year!

Anne said...

You picked some very talented ladies who create amazing cards! Wishing you a safe and Happy New Year and looking forward to the upcoming HA blog hop you are part of Lin!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Great picks Lin! All the cards are fantastic and so inspirational, just like your cards!

Suzanne C said...

Lin thank you for highlighting my card. I am honored. I would love to see what you would pick from your own cards for top 10. :) You have so many fabulous creations I could easily pick many of yours. Happy New Year my friend!

Tracey said...

Absolutely a FABULOUS showcase of talent!!! WOW!! We are so lucky to have this amazing flickr group to inspire us daily!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and your loved one Lin!!Hugs,
TRace

Nancy said...

I admire everyone on your list too! So much gorgeous inspiration to look back on and be amazed all over again...thanks for sharing!
Lots of love and blessings in the new year...

Nancy said...

Beautiful picks, Lin! You are so creative and so inspiring!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Happy New Year, Lin! What lovely cards you've picked from among our group. And I must say - many of your cards have been added to my faves, such as the lovely sympathy card featuring the Silhouette Meadow Flowers! Hugs to you and thanks for the inspiration in 2010!! Linda W.

Joy said...

Happy New Year Lin! I love that you have show cased all these wonderful and truly beautiful creations, wishing you all the very best for 2011, hugs!

Kath Stewart said...

happy new year lin....love your beautiful gallery of favourites for 2010 and how excited I was to see one from me....thank you for being my lovely Flickr friend...hugs kath xxx

donna mikasa said...

Happy New Year, Lin! What a fabulous showcase of talent! They're all favorites of mine, as well. Here's to another inspirational year!

SewSuzySew said...

Beautiful Cards each and every one!
Happy New Year ... Hope it's Happy and Healthy
Hugs
Suze x

sideoats + scribbles said...

Happy New Year, Lin!

What wonderful cards you have here, too!

Hugs to one and all! :)

Vanessa said...

Happy New Year to you, Lin!!! Amazing choice of your favorites, thanks for the great inspiration! Vanessa x

Sanne said...

Happy new year Lin - great picks what a lovely colection of beautiful cards - so many talented girls !

Brenda said...

Happy New Year Lin! It was grat fun going through your selection, they are out of this world! We are so lucky to be able to access this every day!

Jennifer said...

I love your pics Lin...stunning! Beautiful inspiration!
JeniferAnn

Tiffany Ervin said...

Wow! I see so many of my favorite artists on here, thank you for sharing the inspiration, such exquisite details and some I've missed as well! So sweet of you to include my card! The best to you for 2011!

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Lin! These are gorgeous! Some of MY favorites are included in the bunch, too! It is so sweet of you to recognize these beauties and their creators! Wishing you and yours a happy, prosperous, healthy New Year! :-)

Alice said...

gorgeous picks, Lin! wow! i love them all! love the pretty new look of your blog, too! =)

Jacqueline said...

Thank you for choosing one of my summer cards Lin! I think we have the same taste in a lot of ways and love the picks you made!

jaemom said...

Lin, what a wonderful and fun post! I'm honored that you included my lilac card to be among such talented stampers! God's blessings to you and your family in this New Year!

Sharon D from Canada said...

What a lovely post, Lin! Really pretty cards from very talented stampers!
Wishing you happiness and health in 2011!

Anna-Karin said...

Hi Lin! I just saw this, thank you so much for mentioning me and my bird card (that was one of my favourite cards of the year). I feel very honoured to be in such company!! Happy New Year (a bit late)!