Monday, March 7, 2011

Our Daily Bread Designs challenge

Our Daily Bread Designs makes some really lovely stamps, including this Love quotation from I Corinthians.  This week's challenge at their blog is to use any 2 of these colors: pink, blue, ivory, or yellow.  I chose the ivory and yellow.      Here is my submission for this week's challenge:


supplies: cream parchment and golden yellow cardstocks, ODBD I Corinthians, Memories art print brown ink embossed in clear powder, Hero Arts CG245 Classic Fabric Design, S5507 Envelope Pattern, scattered straw distress ink, hand-dyed seam binding, rolled roses, nesties labels eight.

The quote stamp was first stamped and clear-embossed in brown ink.  Then I stamped a damask background on my diecut label, using scattered straw distress ink, which was also used to dye the seam binding ribbon and to darken the edges of the diecut.  I also used the same ink to stamp the subtle envelope pattern on the card, and added some rolled roses in the same color.   

 Here's a detail to show the subtle textured stamping on the card:

14 comments:

cheryl said...

oh this is just so beautiful,love the colur you have used,and adore the flower hugs cheryl xxxx

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH, Lin!! This is just GORGEOUS! I love all the details you put on this card--love this monochromatic theme too! Beautiful flowers--WOW! Stunning--takes my breath away:)

Unknown said...

Oh so gorgeous! I love the verses as well as the colors you chose and the rolled rose is so pretty! Where do you get your seam binding?

Anette said...

oh wow, such a gorgeous card, this screams spring, Lin!!!

Barb said...

Love that you chose these two colors, Lin! So elegant! Love your rolled roses too!

Jan Keen said...

This is so rich looking, love the flowers!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Lin, your card is gorgeous--love the colors that you chose; the rolled roses are very pretty. I Cor 13 is my favorite chapter in the Bible.

joy said...

Yellow is not my go to color, but you have been making some very pretty cards with this color, Lin! Love this one.

Kathy Martin said...

Gorgeous card Lin! Love your paper flowers!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow!! This is gorgeous Lin!! I just love your colors and how you framed the passage. Beautiful flowers and design!! SO ELEGANT! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week.

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my word, Lin, this is so absolutely beautiful!! I am with Chris, the colors and the way you've framed this sentiment is stunning! I love those rolled flowers. This is one elegant card!! Thanks so very much for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Love the golden colors on the card.

Dawn T said...

So pretty Lin. Love the delicate look the envelope background makes and the golden fabric background is stunning to say the least...

Robin K. said...

There are so many yummy details on this monochromatic beauty!