Monday, September 5, 2011

The Craft's Meow September sketch

The Craft's Meow has started a monthly sketch challenge. Here is the sketch:


I won "Little Frieda at the Seashore" recently at Simply Scrapping Crafts, so now I have another set in my arsenal!  Here she is, worked into the sketch, using papers from My Mind's Eye Stella & Rose Gertie collection:


I struggled with the elements that are flowers in the sketch - flowers didn't work, butterflies didn't work, didn't have the right color buttons, and then I remembered finding these old wooden stars last week when I was cleaning out a closet!  They seem to fit with her little nautical outfit, and one of the paper panels even has a star-like motif.   Did you know that distress inks will ink wood very nicely?  Learn something new every day!

18 comments:

debbie said...

Sweet card, love the colors and what an adorable little image! The starts are perfect!!

Pam W Merwin said...

She is such a darling stamp! Love the papers that you used and the stars couldn't be a more perfect touch :-)

Maureen Morton said...

What a sweet send-off for summer, Lin. Those stars so so perfect - isn't amazing the supplies we already have? Love the soft coloring.

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

I love the vintage-y beachy theme of this and the colors! Such a cute card for the last weekend of Summer! Happy Labor Day!

Brenda said...

Beautiful image Lin! I thin the stars work perfectly! Lovely papers too.

Arlene said...

Such a cute card - home spun and county. :)

Alice said...

this is so sweet, Lin! love the colors you used and so happy that you can play along with us this month. i am hoping to post mine in the next few days. =)

Dawn T said...

very cute Lin. I have this stamp too and she is adorable.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Darling card Lin!

farmhouse-story said...

lovely take on the sketch, lin! the flowers threw me off, so i ignored them:)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oh Lin, this is so cute!!! Little Frieda looks great paired up with that luscious paper (which is one of my faves)... and I agree...the stars are the perfect embellie! Thanks so much for playing in our sketch challenge!

Hugs,
Lisa

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! Just gorgeous--I LOVE your inking of the panel! FUN idea to have two colors--and great papers! LOVE:)

ps...I haven't heard anything, so I'm not sure if notes have been sent out! SO SORRY I'm not help:) I will keep you posted though! That's if I hear of anything:)

Ruth S said...

So cute! I love the colours and vintagey papers combo ;)
Great tip about the inking too! Rx

Julie Ranae said...

Lin...what a sweet entry for this month's sketch challenge over at The Craft's Meow...so glad to have you play with us!

Suzanne C said...

Oh how cute! She looks like she is having fun. Love the addition of the stars they work beautifully with the colors and her cute outfit.

Michelle said...

That little girl is adorable, Lin! Love those pretty papers!

Anne Tussing said...

Simply adorable! I think the wooden stars are perfect and I love the shading and coloring of your image!

~amy~ said...

oh my SWEET...you're right, those stars are perfect! Thanks for joining us at The Craft's Meow!