Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Happy 50th Birthday to Virginia!

My sweet friend Virginia Lu is turning 50 on December 9!  Here's the card I made for her:


supplies: white and aqua cardstock and vellum, Hero Arts H5426 Artist Butterfly, versamark ink and gold embossing powder, CL491 Made with Love (little butterfly), distress inks and Hero Huesinks, CL380 Truly Appreciated (sentiment), VersaFine Deep Lagoon ink, gold pearls

I wanted to make something bright and cheery and happy, as that is what my friend is, always optimistic, always ready to give a helping hand or say a kind word to encourage us.  So, Virginia, there are 50 tiny little butterflies in the background, and the big one is embossed in gold, for your special 50th one.  And of course I send you lots more than 50 hugs!

Virginia and I became friends through the Hero Arts flickr group, and cemented our friendship when we were Hero Hostesses together in 2009. Since then, we've shared our sorrows and joys and even had a whole day together last February when we were both in Florida.  What fun to finally meet my friend and her beautiful family!  I hope it's just the first of many times that we will be together.

If you'd like to send Virginia some well wishes, you can post your card, too, at her blog here.  If for some reason you live on another planet and don't know Virginia, I encourage you to visit her blog and get to know her.  She is talented in so many ways, a great cook, a wonderful Mom, as well as a talented card maker.  Be sure to congratulate her, as she's just had her first card published!!

Sending BIG HUGS, little sis!

16 comments:

Virginia L. said...

My card-making world will not be the same without you, Lin! You have been a mentor(learn so much from you), big sis(I do whine..a lot)and a great friend (you are always there for me) to me! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the 50 butterflies--so symbolic and beautiful! I ADORE the golden butterfly, Lin! Thank you for being such wonderful friend to me and my family! One of the blessings from this hobby is that I got to know YOU! Sending HUGS!

Karen B. said...

What a great post, and a great card too for Virginia!

Barb said...

What a perfect card for Virginia, Lin! Love the idea of the 50 butterflies! So beautiful!

Tiffany Ervin said...

This is definitely a Virginia card!! Super happy colors and how neat that you personalized her card with 50 butterflies! Always thinking of the details, Lin! So great of you!

Cheryl said...

I love that you counted all those butterflies, and the large one is stunning!

Ann said...

What a masterpiece Lin - its gorgeous! I just love the idea of the 50 butterflies. Definitely a card to be treasured for years to come by Virginia.

Dawn T said...

fabulous card for Virginia. She really is a sweetie

CinnamonSally said...

Stunning card for Virginia Lin, just perfect for her!!

Kathy Martin said...

Lin, you always make the most beautiful bird and butterfly cards!!! :)

Suzanne C said...

What a wonderful card for Virginia and so thoughtful and beautiful!

walchowDesign said...

Love the idea of all the elements which represents 50s, Lin! This card is so well thought for Virginia and am sure she will treasure it!

Jacqueline said...

When I read Virginia's comment it looks like the tribute is to you Lin!! You made her proud - what a beautiful work of love!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! I Love the pearl body for this butterfly! GORGEOUS embossing and fun papers! I have got to get my card for her done ASAP:)

CG said...

Gorgeous card! Love that stamp, I had the pleasure of playing with one recently. So lovely! And thank you for your kind comment on my blog :)

Brenda said...

That butterfly is exquisite Lin! What a beautiful card that Virginia will surely cherish!

donna mikasa said...

I kept seeing this card but wanted to come here and tell you how wonderful it is--especially with the 50 little butterflies! What a great card for a great friend!