Saturday, October 27, 2012

Using a Journaling Card

Over at the Moxie Fab World, Cath has been showing us bits and pieces of their newest publication called Paper Crafting Tips & Tricks, and has challenged us to use journaling cards.  This challenge could not have been timed better for me, as I just got a new paper pad from Simple Stories called Harvest Lane, and it has several sheets of journaling cards and tags.  I have never used these, as I consider myself a stamper, but there's no reason that they can't be incorporated along with my stamping.  Here's my card for the challenge:


supplies: pumpkin cardstock, journaling card from Simple Stories Harvest Lane paper pad, dps for leaves from BoBunny's Apple Cider collection, Stampendous Autumn Words R149, Just Rite Shabby Chic Autumn Leaves, The Paper Company Studio Autumn Stamp kit, Memories Art Print Brown ink, brown button, May Arts jute twine

10 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful!!! Love the sentiment in the journal card! The leaves are stunning!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love the leaves and the journaling card!

Brenda said...

More gorgeous Autumn colours, and I love those journalling cards in the Simple Stories packs, I have a few so I need to look at this challenge! Thanks for the inspiration Lin!

Jackie said...

Ah, more Autumn colors! This is such a pretty card and you always find a way to use the unexpected and make it perfect.

Caroline said...

These are fabulous I love the colours. Caroline xxx

Alice said...

i rarely ever used journaling card on my cards, too. but yours is so beautiful, Lin! love the warm autumn colors and beautiful design! gorgeous card! hope you have a lovely weekend! =)

Judy1223 said...

Great way to use a journaling tag, Lin! This is really lovely. I especially adore that background stamp...how awesome is that!

Anita Rex said...

Such a pretty card! I like how you used the journaling tag! I think you Incorporated stamping well! I love the simple stories pads but not those tags!

Dawn T said...

Great use of a journalling tag Lin. And such a pretty one too.

Chriss Blagrave said...

Beautiful Lin! Love that journaling card as the focal point along with the gorgeous leaves and rich colours! Great take on the challenge!