Sunday, November 18, 2012

aScrambling I did go...........

I told you last week about the 24 Hour Scramble that the ladies at the Hero Arts flickr group launched.....we had 24 hours of 90-minute challenges, each one hosted by a different member, with a different theme each time.  A scramble, if you don't know, is making a card to the specifications of the Hostess, photographing it, and uploading it to the flickr group, all in 90 minutes.  I was able to participate in 7 of the 12 Scrambles, and I'd like to share the cards I made today.  I also challenged myself to make only Christmas cards for each challenge.  So here we go!

Challenge #1 began Friday evening and was hosted by Hannah, who also organized this whole endeavor.  Her challenge was to make something using green or use a Friendship theme.  I went the green route, and used an older Hero Arts collage stamp, coloring it minimally:


Challenge#2, hosted by Judy, was to make a Christmas Thank You card:


You can tell I was getting tired....I debossed my panel instead of embossing it.   It was bedtime for me at that point, so I stopped for some sweet dreams, and then resumed Saturday morning with Challenge #8 from Cat: to make a shaped card and use no white or cream at all.  Not using white or cream was a challenge for me, but here's what I made:


Lucille's Challenge #9 was "An Animal of a Different Color"; I made an orange deer and a peacock (distress ink) tree!


Karen was our hostess for Challenge #10, and her rules were to use ONLY red, cream, and gold.  This one gave me fits, because the red music didn't dry enough by the time I overstamped the pine flourish background; when I embossed it in gold, the music took it, too, so there isn't as much of a contrast in the background as I'd wished for, but time was running out!


Next up was Barb in Challenge #11.  She asked that we use at least 3 different patterned papers and a Hero Arts image, besides the usual sentiment:


And for the final Challenge #12, Janet chose the theme of "Time"; we could interpret that any way we wished.  She had given us an example card which used a stamped clock over a printed paper, and that's the direction I went also.


If you want specifics about any of these cards, please go HERE, where you can click on the card you're interested in to see the supplies I used to make it.  And if you'd like to see other cards in each challenge, just click on the Challenge you're interested in up above.

I want to give special thanks to Hannah, one of our youngest members, who organized the whole event.   She pulled this whole thing together quickly, and then was there throughout the whole process, to answer questions and keep us all on track and updated.  Bravo, Hannah!

15 comments:

LauraJane:) said...

GREAT job on your cards..The scramble was like a SUPER DUPER dee DUPER dee Peter T. Huper of a time! Glad I caught some of it.

Virginia L. said...

How lovely to see all of your Scramble cards!! You are such a PRO!! My favorite is the last card! Love that bird clock! I am glad that I managed at least one of them :) Happy Sunday!

CinnamonSally said...

Your cards are all gorgeous Lin, what a fun time we had this weekend. I managed to join in three challenges and really enjoyed the excitement.

Caroline said...

WOW Gorgeous selection of card's you have been busy. Caroline xxxx

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

WOW!!! This is amazing! You are such a talented cardmaker - something I already knew - but I'm still amazed at your creativity!
Hugs, karin

Cat Craig said...

Lin, agreed it is fun to check out all the cards by each maker. I did go through all the challenges yesterday to check out all the cards made. Such a fun group to play with. Your cards are simply gorgeous. I always enjoy taking a nice long look at your work. Your sense of design and color are engaging to the viewer.

Pajalu said...

Lin it was a fun 24 hours :o). Your cards are stunning as always. I must admit I really love your debossed card so don't think it failed in any way. I thought it was meant to be like that.

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

WOW!!! Now look at all those Christmas cards you have done!! I haven't even started! All of them are beautiful...and my favorite is the red, cream and gold one! SOOO pretty. What a fun post. Happy Thanksgiving Lin!

Jackie said...

I love them all! I have seen some beautiful cards on the Flickr group this weekend.

Sue McRae said...

Wow, how fun that you were able to participate in so many of the challenges and make so many holiday cards!

Dawn T said...

It was a super fun 24 hours Lin and you did well hitting 7 challenges. I love all your cards. My especially favourite one is the red and gold music one. It really looks so elegant. Glad you had such fun, I know I did!

donna mikasa said...

What a glorious bevy of cards! Love them all, and my fave is the RED snowflake on the music background. Absolutely gorgeous!

Elizabeth Allan said...

I would say you are a SPRINTER Lin!! Amazing "scramble" work!

maria f. said...

Geez - you were one busy lady. I fell in love with the #10 card. Love that snowflake! It speaks to me (ha ha ha - have to go see where it's from). Hugs to you for your recent wins in blogland. Just love your quilt card at MF - to make the pinwheels AND then give it that effect by embossing. Super idea!

MarcyK924 said...

WOW, Lin, you are a scramble fiend! You have rocked every challenge with originality and perfection! XOXO