Thursday, November 15, 2012

Flourishes Progressive challenge

I haven't played for a long time at the Flourishes Blog. I love their stamps because of the variety of beautiful flowers they produce.  This week they have a really interesting challenge, a Progressive one - what a great idea!  It starts with a sketch, then adds 3 more steps: make it monochromatic, use some decorative paper, and add bling!  You can make 4 separate cards, or just 1, using all of the steps.  I chose to do the latter, using one of my favorite flowers from a set called Botanical Bookplates, volume 2.  The sentiment is also from the same set, and since its subject is hope, I went pink, thinking this would make a lovely card to send to a breast cancer patient. 


supplies: pink and white cardstock, Amuse pink gingham, doily, Flourishes Botanical Bookplates, vol. 2, VersaFine onyx  black ink, pink and green markers, pink dotted grosgrain ribbon, flower button, pink heart and round pearls, Scrapbook Adhesives 3D foam squares

14 comments:

Caroline said...

This is gorgeous I love the layout and the colours are beautiful. Caroline xxx

Jennifer said...

Love this card, Lin! And that sentiment is one of my favorites! You'll often see it on signs down in the Texas Hill Country as the spring wild flowers are starting to bloom...

Barb said...

I am in HEAVEN looking at this card! Oh, my goodness, it is so gorgeous, Lin! Every detail is just perfect, and you know how much I love the pink and green! Stunning work, my friend!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Beautiful details! Love the sentiment!

TLady said...

ABSOLUTELY LOVELY!!!!!!!!!! :)

Jacqueline said...

What a gorgeous card Lin, this must be all your favorite things!

Judy1223 said...

Now THIS is the ULTIMATE "Lin" card! It's got it ALL!!! Pink, gingham, lace...ahh! PERFECT!

Cindy C. said...

Oh what a fun challenge that is! I love all the pinks you put together, very feminine!

ChristineCreations said...

Lin...this is just SO lovely. I love that you used the snowdrops cut out so beautifully and the perfect sentiment too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Flourishes this month!

Lucille K said...

So pretty in pink, Lin. Lovely card :)

dpkennedy said...

Very pretty! Love the gingham paper! Thanks for playing with Flourishes!

Dawn T said...

what a stunner Lin. You certainly managed all the parts of the challenge beautifully.

Maureen Morton said...

This is glorious, Lin. So very full of hope and beauty. Those flowers are so perfect and you tackled the multi-step challenge with amazing grace. Loving this so much.

Stacy Morgan said...

This is very sweet and girlie! I like the feminine feel to this, beautiful card. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Progressive Challenge this week.