Sunday, March 10, 2013

Happy Everything

I adore everything that Julie Ebersole does, and this month she is our Muse at the CASE Study challenge.  Here is her card this week:

I loved all the white against the kraft and her bright coloring inside the white embossing.  Here's my take on her card:


I used 2 Hero Arts stamps, Newspaper Tulips and Friend Definition, embossing them on kraft cardstock with VersaMark ink and white embossing powder.  My first attempt at coloring my tulips was disastrous, so I decided to add my color with my sentiment, which is a Simon Says die-cut called Oh Happy Day.  I could have added a stamped "spring" or "birthday" or whatever, but decided to leave it alone so it could be used for any of these occasions.

Go visit the CASE Study challenge to see the wonderful examples from the Design Team and also the other entries - I guess I'm not the only one who Julie inspires!

11 comments:

Brenda said...

Beautiful Lin! White on kraft with that small pop of colour, simply gorgeous!

Maureen said...

the white on kraft is so yummy and I love the pop of green sentiment :) Thanks for playing us over on CASE Study :)

MarcyK924 said...

Oh I love this, Lin! Kraft and white is one of my favorite combos and I love the addition of the green sentiment! Beautiful use of those two stamps!

Dawn T said...

Just delightful Lin. What a great take from Julie's inspirational card.

Teneale Williams said...

Oh my word! I have to say I need that newsprint background NOW!!! You have done the most amazing job with this card. Thanks for playing at CASE Study.

Teneale

Cathy A said...

Love the splash of green with the sentiment

Cindy C. said...

Gorgeous card Lin! Love the white on craft and the splash of green!

jintyoo7 said...

Love everything Julie does AND you, Lin :)
Tremendous version of Julie's beautiful card - love the neutral and that elegant touch of green :) :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous card Lin, I love the text background and the centre panel looks like cork??

Maureen Morton said...

I agree, Julie is the best. Love your take with the kraft - so rich and simple. Great simple sentiment that pops - says so much with one word.

Clare said...

Great result, love that pop of green! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study Lin!