Friday, March 1, 2013

March sketch at The Craft's Meow

It's the beginning of the month, which means we have a new sketch challenge at The Craft's Meow!


  Here's my first card for this month:


I used 2 TCM sets, Beautiful Spring for the butterfly, coloring it in with Spectrum Noir markers, and Easter Blessings for the sentiment.  Other supplies: unknown green gingham paper, Nesties scalloped rectangle die, cornflower and white cardstock, ivory seam binding, and EK Success Sticko dimensional sticker for the center of my bow.

I liked the sketch so much that I made you another card:


I've had the Stitched Flowers for awhile, but this is the first inking of this primrose in it.  Since I had my blue and green markers out for the card above, I used them again.  Then I cut them out and popped them above a panel I cut using the same scalloped rectangle die I used on my first card, and framed it with blue.   I used the pretty lace detail from Vintage Clocks and the sentiment from Fly Free.

Thanks for hanging with me for this long post!  I hope you'll be inspired to play along with us!  You have until the end of this month to enter a card.  We're changing things up going forward and you must use at least 1 TCM image or sentiment on your entry. The random winner each month gets to choose a TCM stamp set of her choice!  I'd love to see your take on this fun sketch by Nina B!  

4 comments:

Pam W Merwin said...

I love these, Lin! The blue and green colors are beautiful. I was especially drawn to your flower card - love all the details on it. Thanks for the inspiration :)

Brenda said...

These are beautiful Lin! I love the blue and green combo!

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful, Lin - love the blue and greens - so crisp and fresh :)

LaVon Hall said...

Both cards are just beautiful! Thinking spring :)