Saturday, March 16, 2013

Sending Hugs


Here's my favorite card yet using supplies from the Simon Says Stamp March Card Kit.  First, the stamp set has my blog name as a sentiment, so that was a given.  And I wanted to make a stamped floral background panel for it, and chose blue and yellow so that I could frame it up with the yellow-striped washi tape included in the Kit.  I used Hero Arts Cornflower and Butter Bar mid-tone inks, and shabby shutters distress ink.

As always, thanks for your visit.....I know how many blogs there are out there, and so I treasure each of you who chooses to come see mine!

6 comments:

LauraJane:) said...

LOVE the design that happens with the washi overlap! Had to pin this one!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love how you used the washi tape!

Jackie said...

Washi tape - I love it!

Cat Craig said...

So impressed with the washi effect. I am not good with the washi. Blue and yellow are a wonderful color combo. Lovely sweet card.

Maureen Morton said...

Wasn't this stamp set just made for you? You are doing wonders with it, too. Love this background with such an unusual color combo! And that frame is delux! Love it all, Lin.

Brenda said...

Love the colours in this card Lin!