Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Simon Says......April Showers and/or Spring Flowers


Welcome to another Simon Says Stamp Challenge! This week we're asking for "April Showers and/or Spring Flowers" creations.  The design team  and our Guest Designer Laura S. are using Hero Arts products, and, though you don't have to, we'd love to see your creations feature them too!

When I think of Hero Arts, their flowers are some of my favorites, so it was hard choosing which of them I'd use for my card this week.  In the end I chose one of my newest Hero Arts flowers, Tall Flowers.


I started with a Tide layering paper as my base, then stamped the Tall Flowers onto it as shown, and also onto white cardstock, colored it with markers, then fussy-cut the flowers out and popped it up above the image stamped on the card base.  I made my "rain" with a little heart stamp and Tide Pool mid-tone ink, and added an older, discontinued Hero Arts sentiment (CL129 Anytime Messages) along with a die-cut fence.

Here's another card, using some more Hero Arts stamps, Flower Medley and Raindrop Background:


For this one, I stamped the Flower Medley using Brilliance TriColor Peacock ink, then trimmed it to fit my Nesties Scalloped Rectangle diecut.  I added a gingham bow and some green gemstones, and popped it above my card base after having stamped my sentiment and the raindrops.


As always, Heidi has provided another $50.00 gift voucher to the Simon Says Stamp Superstore for the random winner of the challenge this week.  Can't wait to see what you make for us!

18 comments:

Laura Sterckx said...

Fantastic card, Lin! I love both cards! I really like the little fence and the flowers! They look gorgeous! I real like the scalloped frame on the second card and the colors! The gems in the little flowers are such a pretty little detail!

Jingle said...

These are both so pretty!

Jackie said...

Very pretty and Spring-y! Now I wish I hadn't gotten rid of that Flower Medley stamp!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Lin :-) both are fabulous ! I love the pretty colours and heart rain on the 1st and the white embossed flowers on the 2nd are stunning ! :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

Pam W Merwin said...

Lin, these are beautiful! I saw the adorable flowers and picket fence on Flickr. I am so glad I stopped by to see the other one - love the blues and greens and the beautiful embossing! Sweet, sweet gingham ribbon :)

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful!

Heather said...

Both fabulous card Lin, I love the 'heart' drops falling on the stunning flowers. I love the brilliant blending with the embossed flowers.

hugs
Heather xx

Lisa Carroll said...

Love both of these cards so much, Lin.. the blending on that second card is gorgeous! But the picket fence on the first?? **THUD**

Totally makes it. It's pure brilliance! :)

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

2 beautiful floral creations, Lin!! I'm particularly loving the white picket fence in the first one! So cleverly positioned :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Cindy C. said...

Both so beautiful, I especially like the heart shape rain on the first one!

Nat said...

perfect sentiment for these fab spring cards!! :) so beautiful

Leigh Penner said...

Lovely cards!

Dawn T said...

What a couple of delightful cards Lin. Hero Arts have just so many beautiful flower stamps to chose from...

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous cards, my fave has to be the flower poking over the fence.
luv
Debby

Words and Pictures said...

Both great cards, but I just love those fab flowers peeking over the fence - wonderful design!
Alison x

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE when you do Flower Cards...they are always just Perfect!! xoxo

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful, love the blues and rows of flowers :)

Melissa Bove said...

Such beautiful cards Lin!! So pretty!!

hugs...