Sunday, June 23, 2013

A Little Hello

Hello, all!  I trust your weekend is off to a great start!  I'm here today to share a card I made using some  Penny Black stamps, combining them with some design papers in colors that I love.


I knew I wanted to paper-piece this floral stamp called Flower Poetry, and since I love this little ditzy floral from MME's Collectable Notable collection, I pulled the colors from it.  So I stamped the Poetry stamp 5 times, on pale and medium aqua, a yellow, a gold and an orange solid, then cut the flowers and leaves out and pieced them back onto the pale aqua base, attaching the flowers only in their centers so I could lift the petals a bit for dimension.  (I also used a marker to add a bit of tone-one-tone color to them and added some MME enamel dots to the centers of 2 of the flowers).  Then I framed the pieced circle with a Nesties scalloped circle die in orange.  My other little panels are papers from MME's The Sweetest Thing Tangerine Collection that I thought went well with the floral panel.  Lastly I stamped my sentiment from the Friendship set and cut it into a little banner.

Thanks for taking the time to visit me today!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

11 comments:

judkajudi said...

Great idea to paper piece that stamp!! Love the cheerful colors. Your trip is almost over... been thinking of you. Travel safe.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, Lin!

Malika said...

Very Nice card Lin, THE flowers are so beautifull.

Greatings Malika

rcwidow (Linda) said...

The pp looks great with this design!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Your card is pure poetry, Lin! Just love the patterns you used and those paper pieced flowers!!

joy said...

Lovely patterned papers, Lin! These PB stamps are so pretty.

Dawn T said...

gorgeous Lin. Love the dimension on your flowers.

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty group of flowers! Lovely summery card Lin!

debby4000 said...

Absolutely gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful pairing of pattern papers, and the flowers are so pretty!!

stampingandstitching said...

This is gorgeous, Lin! Love your design and the sunny colours! Great mix of pps too!