Sunday, June 2, 2013

Just for You

Before we get started this morning, I'd like to refer you back to THIS POST.   Simon Says Stamp has just offered a $100.00 gift certificate to someone who sends Maddy a card!  Please help us get as many cards to Maddy as possible!

Good morning, and Happy Weekend!  I'm just popping in today to share a sunny card using Penny Black stamps.


There are so many things that can be done with this Every Happiness cling set, but for this card, I used just one of the many panels included in it.  I stamped it in VersaMark ink and white embossed it, then colored in the details with markers.   I've been drawn to sunny yellows lately - they exude cheer!  Next I stamped the sentiment around it in black, and "stitched" around the embossed area with a fine black marker.   The stamped panel was trimmed out and thinly framed with black cardstock, and attached to a larger panel from the Madison Designer paper pad, also framed in black. To finish,  I added a gingham ribbon and a tiny punched butterfly.

Thanks for visiting me - I hope I've brightened your day!

18 comments:

LauraJane:) said...

Beautiful!...Oh Every Happiness looks like a great set!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love the yellow and the whole design! So sunny!

Barb said...

Wow! I can't even tell you how much I adore this card, Lin! It's so pretty! The colors are wonderful and I love how you "framed" the tiny flowers! Nicely done, my friend!

judkajudi said...

This set can prodouce so many different looks!! Love the sunny yellow and cheerful gingham!!

Cat Craig said...

Love the colors and gingham, so happy!

Cindy C. said...

This card does brighten up my day!!

Jinny Newlin said...

Ever so pretty, Lin! LOVE the polka dots and gingham, and the yellow and green combo is delightful!

joy said...

Love this card - so cheerful and the Madison paper is beautiful!

Jackie said...

Very pretty! I love the yellow polka dots and the green gingham ribbon together.

Kittie said...

Lin, I love the polka dot background and that single yellow butterfly. What a lovely card.

Jean Bullock said...

Lovely card! I am hoping to finish my cards for Maddy very soon.

Dawn T said...

beautiful card Lin. I've not seen this set before but can see it can be very versatile.

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful, so fresh and sunny :) Love the mix of floral, dots and gingham :)

Robin K. said...

Awwwww! This is a day brightener Lin:)

Petti said...

Beautiful card!

Maureen Morton said...

Sunny is an understatement - this is glowing! I am not a fan of yellow, but you have used it brilliantly (ha). This is sweet to the max, Lin.

Helen L said...

Beautiful, beautiful card Lin!! Hugs, H in Healdsburg

Jennifer said...

Lin, this one is stunning! I had to really read to see what you had done -- on my screen, it almost looks like letterpress instead of heat embossing… At any rate, the coloring is divine… I'm sooo with you on these sunny yellows lately! (though, if you'd asked me two years ago, I'd have told you yellow was my least favorite color! :)