Saturday, August 31, 2013

Mixing some old and some new

The current contest at the Hero Arts website is to be inspired by something at Hero Arts. com and make a card reflecting that inspiration, which includes at least 1 stamp from either of their 2 newest catalogs.  Here is my entry:


supplies: ivory, pink, and cream cardstock, Tweed Pattern, Latte chalk ink, Delicate Flowers, Bubble Gum mid-tone ink, scallop punch, Remember, versafine onyx black, VersaMark, white embossing powder, and my old stamp Flourish Flower, from 2007, Prismacolor pencils, green stitched grosgrain ribbon

And HERE's the card by Sally Traidman that inspired me.

Thanks for visiting me today - hope you're off to a GREAT Labor Day weekend!

11 comments:

Barb said...

I love that card from Sally and your take is so pretty, Lin! Wonderful combination of stamps, and of course I love the pink and green - looks fab with the kraft!

Brenda said...

Beautiful Lin! Love that tweed background. Just wonderfully put together!

surfcityginny said...

Awesome card Lin. Love the tiny tweed border on left.

Greta said...

Really lovely card, Lin!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!

Dawn T said...

such a lovely card Lin. I really like the lace edging on the kraft card.

Dotty Jo said...

So pretty! Jo x

jintyoo7 said...

Stunning interpretation of Sally's pretty card, Lin!

Maureen Morton said...

I find this challenge way too complicated, but you nailed it! Love the delicate design and it is a great take on Sally's card.

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Oh wow, Lin. This is a beauty of a card! Love the colors and the lace!

stampingandstitching said...

Beautiful card, Lin! I love they main panel with the white embossing and gorgeous colouring! Great mix of patterns on the background too!