Sunday, August 25, 2013

Three more for Jackie...

Jackie Rockwell has an ongoing weekly color challenge; each week she changes her blog header to another Pantone Fashion color, and invites us to play along by designing a card using that week's color.  I've been visiting our grands and celebrating my Mom's 89th birthday and doing DT work the last few weeks, so I got behind AGAIN!  Here are my entries for her African Violet challenge, her Dusk Blue Challenge, and her Emerald Challenge..


For this one I started with a panel of violet paper, stamping the Delicate Flowers over it in Passion Flower ink.  Then I stamped and colored in the Tall Flowers in 2 purples and a pale grey, and trimmed them out.  My sentiment is from Simon's exclusive Flower Friend, and I added some grey striped washi to balance the flowers.

 

And for the Dusk Blue challenge, I decided to try some ghost stamping.


I first stamped the Garden Bouquet in Frost White ink, and after allowing that to dry overnight, again in Pool mid-tone ink, just slightly offset.  My sentiment is from the new The Craft's Meow set called Potted Garden.



When I saw Jackie's sample for her Emerald challenge, it reminded me of this panel I had previously made and not used; I started with shiny white cardstock and sponged on evergreen bough, peacock feathers and mowed lawn distress inks, then spritzed it with a bit of water.  And in that same scrap box was this feather that I had made after finding a tutorial for it, so I put them toghether with an appropriate sentiment(TPC Studio Vintage Birdcages) for my card.



Jackie will design a blog header for the winner of her challenges, which remain open until fall begins on Sept. 22; the more you play, the more chances you'll have to win!

16 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Wow Lin you have been busy, I Love all your colour inspired cards, I really must have a go at the ghost stamping it looks fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Such gorgeous cards Lin! I LOOOOOVE the ghost stamping! I need to try that - it looks so good. But that feather??? OH MY! Just lovely. Have an awesome day! XO

Lisa Elton said...

Out of this wold prettiness Lin! I'm swooning over the blue card!!

joy said...

Three beautiful cards, Lin! LOVE the blue one, but the other two are really fabulous, too.

Pam W Merwin said...

One word, Lin - AMAZING! Each one has its special elements. Loving the Tall Flowers on your first card and the ghosting on your second. BUT your background, amazing feather (thanks for the link to the tutorial!) and sweet sentiment really struck a chord in my heart. As always, thanks for the inspiration.

judkajudi said...

A trio of awesomeness, Lin!! Every one beautifully done!! Glad you had a visit with the grands!! And how I would love to have a blog makeover!!!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Whoo Hoo Lin, look at you rock out those Pantone color cards! All 3 are beautiful . . . I especially love the how the ghost stamping turned out in the Dusk Blue card. The background in the Emerald card is stunning. The African Violet card is very sweet. So happy to see all of your wonderful cards!

Maureen Morton said...

boy, what busy - and talented - fingers, Lin! I'm gone a few days and I can't catch up with your wonderful creations. Love that ghost printing - gotta try it. And the purple tones are stunning. All good and you continue to amaze!

Sue McRae said...

What a wonderful group of cards Lin! I love the CAS design of each one!

Greta said...

Love your cards, Lin--especially the ghost stamping--awesome!

debby4000 said...

WOW they're all brilliant.
luv
Debby

Pam from Maine said...

Wow, you've done it again....you took my breath away with these lovely cards. GREAT job!

Dawn T said...

these are all stunning Lin. I really love the ghost stamping on your middle one. You've outdone yourself with these.

Penny Ward said...

Well aren't you the crafty one this weekend. Gorgeous card! Love the double stamping on the blue card...LOVE!!!

jintyoo7 said...

Fantastic, Lin - and the feather is amazing :)

donna mikasa said...

You rocked the Pantone challenges, Lin! All your cards are just perfect! Congrats on your deserving win for the Emerald category! I love it!