Saturday, September 14, 2013

Simon's October CardKit!!

SSS_cardkit_oct13_final

I think this may be my favorite CardKit that I've received this year,  simply because it's fall-themed, and I am sadly in need of updated autumn stamps and elements.  Here's the card I made the day I received my kit:


Love, love, LOVE the Lawn Fawn Into the Woods papers that are in this kit, and the sweet little tree stamp and lots of accompanying stamps to decorate it with!  So I stamped the tree and the multi-leaves,  then went back in with the single leaf stamp and added more colors to the leaves, using the paper that I included on my card as a guide: 2 blues, green, orange,and barn red distress inks.  The sequins, also from Lawn Fawn are just too cute not to use, so they were added after I put the rest of my card together.  

Here's a simple second card, using the striped paper, Kelly's alphabet stickers, and the chipboard heart and twine included in the kit:


Don't wait to order this CardKit - I guarantee you'll be kicking yourself when it sells out, as I know it will!

13 comments:

Pam W Merwin said...

So beautiful, Lin! There is just a tiny, tiny touch of fall here in the south - as I progress into the "fall" of my life - it has become my favorite time of the year. I kept seeing the CardKits so I decided I would try it and I loved my September kit. Looking forward to my October arriving after I have seen your inspiration. Have a blessed day!

Lucille K said...

Two beautiful cards, Lin. Love your new blog header too :)

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love your cards and that kit too!

adele holcomb said...

Lovely cards, Lin!

Barbara said...

Love your cards for fall and your new blog banner!

Tenia Nelson said...

What wonderful cards!!!

slbt17 said...

love your tree - nice cards.
Sandra ltb

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous cards Lin. The colours of the leaves is quite a cool idea.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for coming by my blog, Lin ... not only for the sweet words but also 'cause it meant I got to come here! Your cards with the new SSS kit are both just fabulous ... I particularly love the second, colours, simplicity, the little heart/twine embellishment ... perfect! Anita (in France):)

judkajudi said...

Absolutely darling cards!! Love the colors ...

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Oh your cards are wonderful! I am ready for Fall. It is toasty here!

Maureen Morton said...

These two cute cards and your new banner almost make me want to embrace fall.....ha! Love how you added those colorful leaves onto the tree and that rich leaf is the perfect conclusion to a super design!

Nancy K said...

I love your cards, Lin! Those LF papers are my favorites too!