Monday, October 14, 2013

HYCCT Peace and Quiet


Here's a card for another of the Hope You Can Cling To challenges at Splitcoast Stampers for  their breast cancer awareness card drive.  Our hostess for this challenge asked for cards with NO sentiment and full of peace and quiet, something calming.  I think this stamp fits the bill.  It's made by a company called Rubber Monger, and it gives no other identification like a stamp name or product #.  I know that when I'm upset a walk out in the woods usually calms me down, and so I hope this card will bring a sense of peace to the person who receives it.  If I had to add a sentiment, I think it would be "Peace".

I stamped, clear embossed, and colored this very large stamp with markers, then trimmed it into 4 equal panels and mounted them on a dark blue card base.  

8 comments:

Kara said...

Wow! So beautifully colored!!!

Pam W Merwin said...

OH MY - AMAZING! This is absolutely beautiful and definitely peaceful :)

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

So BEAUTIFUL!!! Wonderful scene and coloring!

maria f. said...

Very peaceful. I can almost hear the wind rustling the leaves. Great touch to split the panel into four panels.

Lisa Elton said...

STUNNING card Lin! You've captured peaceful and calm so well!! My hubby, our little Max and I love to take walks through the woods in our local parks.

Cheryl said...

Wow! This is beautiful! I love that you colored everything but the trees--it's a very striking look.

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!! :)

Brenda said...

Definitely very calming and very beautiful Lin!