Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Simon Says........Going Dotty!


It's Wednesday, and that means another new challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!


This week we're Going Dotty!  I can't wait to see what you all do with that idea!  The Design Team and our Guest Designer Lucy Abrams are using Saturated Canary and/or Basic Grey this week.  

I looked through my Basic Grey papers and found that there were some dotted designs in the Mint Julep collection, so I went to the Simon store and looked to see what else they had in the same collection.  I found this fun Garland Die Cuts set (all of them already stitched together), one of which is made up of hearts with dotted designs and little roses, so that became the focal point of my card:


other supplies: Basic Grey Mint Julep dp as backround, Martha Stewart Eyelet punch, Hero Arts All Occasion Messages sentiment, red heart button, and crochet thread bows

Heidi has provided another $50.00 gift voucher:



16 comments:

Maureen Morton said...

You can only imagine what this sweet card does to MY little heart, Lin....this is so beyond dear I can hardly stand it. What a wonderful card and while the dots are there, they are not the least bit overwhelming. This just makes feel so cozy! Loooooove it.

Laura Sterckx said...

Lovely card, Lin! I love the gorgeous heart garland and the cute button! :) xo

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lin :-) I just love the whole retro design of this ,,, stunning !! LOVE the heart garland ,, I thought you had made that ! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

LauraJane:) said...

Whimsical Heart banner..LOVE!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Such a sweet card Lin and darling papers!

Ruth S, justsomestuffimade.com said...

Great card Lin - I love that Mint Julep collection too, and the pretty banner you used is so sweet ;)
Rx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Pretty design, Lin! I love how you have a perfectly tied bow on either end of the heart banner :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Barb said...

Love your vintage heart banner, Lin! So very pretty!

(I sent you a Flickr message)

Judy1223 said...

Lin, this card is a little bit of country heaven! Ah! I could stare at it for hours!

Dawn T said...

A very pretty card Lin. The dots and flowers on your garland is just gorgeous.

debby4000 said...

Oh Lin love your heart banner, beautiful card.
luv
Debby

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Lin - so pretty with the gorgeous string of hearts - great details!!!

hugs
Heather xx

jintyoo7 said...

So pretty, the heart banner is absolutely delightful :)

Paula S. said...

Oh my goodness is this ever sweet! Feels like an old, well loved quilt. I love it Lin.

Melissa Bove said...

Such a beautiful card Lin, just like you!! :) Love the string of hearts!!

hugs...

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I really like the charming vintage feel of your card, especially the miniature heart garland. Blessings!