Monday, January 27, 2014

All That Glitters

Donna's still our muse at CASE Study.  Here's her amazing card, using gold accents:


I started out by CASE-ing her card almost exactly, just changing up the stamped pattern (Tweed Pattern), using a different sentiment die (Wplus9's Seasonal Sentiments), and changing her colors a bit - I used a deep brown (Simon's Dark Chocolate) and picked raspberry distress ink.  I punched some hearts from gold glitter paper instead of using sequins.


And not being someone who wastes a thing, I decided to make a second card using that die cut:


So for a change, I'll enter this 2nd card into the challenge.  Thanks once again, Donna - everything you do is gold!

7 comments:

Jackie said...

A twofer - I love it! The gold embossing over pink paper is gorgeous.

Barb said...

Just perfect, Lin! Both of them! Love the pink and gold together!

Laura Davis said...

What a beautiful card!
laura

Lisa Elton said...

Wow Lin this is striking, beautiful work!!!

Cat Craig said...

wonderful adaptation, and your second card is fantastic.

Robin K. said...

Your first card is so striking! Love the gold embossing- I don't do enough of it!

donna mikasa said...

Love the Tweed background in gold! So yummy! And your second card is CAS perfection!