Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Virginia's View Challenge #2: Stencils

After a wildly successful 1st challenge, Virginia has posted her 2nd one today and it's stencils!  I played around with the stencils I currently own, but nothing was floating my boat, until I saw what Jacqueline did.  She used a die-cut as her stencil, and then my world of possibilities opened wide!  Here's my entry for today:


I already had a die-cut of this Impression Obsession Floral Lace Heart, and thought it would be fun to use it as a stencil, coloring in all the flowers.  First I used the actual die to make an embossed impression on my card front, then I taped the die-cut over it carefully and colored through it, using distress markers.  Most of the flowers don't have centers, so I added them with my beloved pearls, and then stamped my Hero Arts sentiment to finish.

I love the way this turned out!  Thank you, Jacqueline, for the inspiration!!

I'd also like to enter this into the Moxie Fab World's Styling with Stencils challenge.


15 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Great card for both challenges Lin! I saw Jacqueline's card in the HA flickr group pool too, and I was thinking to create a stencil using die as well! Let's see how long I procrastinate before I actually get something done! ;)

Barb said...

Jacqueline's card truly was an inspiration and I love where it took your creativity, Lin! This is really beautiful, and it's so "you!" Love it!

Jackie said...

That's a beautiful card and a wonderful use of a stencil, too.

Betty said...

lovely card and it's says "spring" all over it in those colors!

Jeanette M. said...

Ohhhh so pretty, Lin!

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful Lin. I saw this on pinterest before I sat down for blog reading, it grabbed me there, and here.

Virginia L. said...

This is what V. V. challenge is about...players keep inspiring each other! I love how Jacqueline inspired you and you added your own floral signature on it! It's absolutely delightful. This diecut proves to be a keeper. Way to rock the challenge, Lin! Thanks so much for playing Virginia's View Challenge!

Sarah G said...

Gorgeous - love the fresh colours and way you have used the die cut to colour in! Love it!

Jacqueline said...

Hi Lin, so happy my card gave you an idea - I love it!

jintyoo7 said...

Ha ha, Lin - so sorry your boat didn't float initially!
You certainly came up trumps with this pretty creation :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous, so much work but the results are fabulous!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, Lin...your heart is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love how you colored in those pretty flowers in such lovely spring colors...such an elegant design, too!

donna mikasa said...

Oh, this is so pretty....so "Lin"! And the pearls are THEE perfect touch!

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Love this Lin!

Nancy Penir said...

This must be Spring, I can smell the sweet blooms on your gorgeous heart! Oh so pretty, must try this!