Friday, June 27, 2014

CASE-ing Donna

I was visiting Tracey's blog a few days ago and her gorgeous card led me to a new (to me) challenge called TIME OUT.  This challenge they are CASEing Donna Mikasa's card here:


Donna is one of my favorite card makers, and does magic with distress inks, so I couldn't wait to play, especially as I just picked up this fun Darice embossing folder called Bold Daisy.  To me it looks like Gerbera Daisies, one of my favorite summer flowers, and I thought that Donna's colors would be perfect for it.


So I embossed it on thick white cardstock, then went in with my sponge tool and picked raspberry, spiced marmalade, and mustard seed distress inks and colored the flowers.  After attaching that panel to my pink card base, I die-cut a Simon small Hello die from gold foil paper and then added some gold sequins to it.  Really fast and easy, and I love the bright summery results.  

Thanks for visiting today - have a great weekend!

20 comments:

Betty said...

LOVE IT!!

Cindy C. said...

Stunning card Lin, love those bright happy colours!! Great take from Donna's beautiful card!

adele holcomb said...

Wow! That turned out so pretty. Love that combo of distress inks.

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh my goodness Lin this is so gorgeous! Have a great weekend!

Cat Craig said...

Oh Lin, this is fantastic. I love those colors with the gold, and what a fun way to use an embossing folder. You knocked it out of the park!

Deepti said...

Oh my how cool and warm this is !! Love ur take on Donna's card

Lisa Elton said...

GASP!!! this is GORGEOUS Lin!!

donna mikasa said...

Oh my! I absolutely LOVE the texture from the embossing folder and those colors are perfectly perfect! I'm thrilled that you found some time to play along at Time Out! Hugs!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, this is as yummy as can be, Lin! The colors you used, the 'Gerbera daisy' embossing, the gold sequins, the golden sentiment....LOVE this!

Robin K. said...

Oh wow! This combo of distress inks is gorgeous Lin!! Love how they look accented with gold!!!

Pam W Merwin said...

I love Gerbera Daisies too! This is beautiful - love the bold colors and that beautiful gold hello :)

sandie said...

This is stunning Lin, I love that this is an embossing folder as I had no idea until I read your post, the added gold is just perfect. So pleased you found us and played along at Time out why not follow is and you won't miss any challenges, we have some fun ones coming up!

Dawn T said...

Delightful card Lin. The colours are simply stunning. Donna is very inspiring.

Nonni said...

This looks stunning! I love your embossed flowers and the inking gives a stunning, artsy result! Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

stampingandstitching said...

Wow what a fabulous card and such a great take on Donna's card, Lin! The inked embossed background is so pretty in those colours and I love the touches of gold you have added. I love Gerbera Daisies too:)

Sue McRae said...

Love these bold colours with the touches of gold!

Sarah G said...

This is one of my fave colour combos and looks stunning on these embossed flowers! Great take on Donna's lovely card :)

Helen L said...

I LOVE your card!!! I'm going to CASE it and use it for a wedding card: the gold lettering will give it a lovely elegance!! Thanks for your idea!! Hugs, H in Healdsburg

Karen M said...

Stunning card - LOVE it! Hugs xx

Gerrina said...

Those flowers are so loved here in the house...beautiful card; love the sponging; it is an original case of Donna's card!Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us!