Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Simon Says..........Shake It!

wed-newchallenge-header

Happy July, and welcome to our first challenge of the month at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

We have a fun theme for you this week - confetti packets or shaker cards!  The design team are all using Simon exclusives, and we'd love to see you using some, too, but it's not necessary to enter.  I learned how to make shaker cards earlier this spring, (using Scotch double-sided foam tape) and have loved the process, so I've made 2 cards for you.

My first card uses a butterfly washi tape to border my shaker, which is filled with some Simon's Tiny Flower sequins, a few Pretty Pink Posh Springtime sequins, and some clear ones:


I also used cut 2 Leanna butterflies and secured them to the shaker packet with tiny green clothespins.  Since there wasn't a good space to add a sentiment, I left the front alone.  Here's the inside of my card, using a sentiment from Simon's Flower Friend stamp set, another Leanna butterfly and a tiny pink flower sequins


My 2nd card uses a Simon sentiment from Happy Every Day stamped in Audrey Blue ink inside my shaker, along with more of those cute tiny flower sequins.  I stamped and die-cut some of  Whimsical Flowers for the corner, centered with a button.  


Now it's your turn!  

50dollar_voucher_600px

We have a $50.00 gift voucher to the Simon Says Stamp Superstore for the random winner of our challenge!

Simon Says Stamp

I can't WAIT to see what you make!

Before I go, there are a few sales going on over at the store.  Just click on the graphic to be taken to the right department.





20 comments:

Sue McRae said...

Love your use of the flower sequins for these fun shakers and the clothespins on the butterflies is so clever!

Laura Sterckx said...

These shaker cards are so bright and fun, Lin! Love them both. :)

Jingle said...

These are very cute! I'm loving that birthday card!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Lin :-) I love the clothes pins ,, what a brillinat idea and the little flower sequins and colours are so pretty. Love them both :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Heather said...

Coth fabulous card Lin, I love those butterflies anchored with pegs - brilliant!!! The washi tape and sequins are so pretty!!! In contrast
the design and elements of the second are so stylish!!!

hugs
Heather xx

Emily Leiphart said...

Gorgeous shaker cards, Lin! I love your colour combinations and I knew I should've bought those little flower sequins!

Cindy C. said...

Very fun and pretty shaker cards Lin!! And I really the like how some of the flower sequins stayed at the top and on the side of the card even when it's held upright! :)

Dotty Jo said...

Sweet! Jo x

Lisa Elton said...

Cute shakers Lin, I love the second one with the fun frame!

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful shaker cards Lin!! Love the designs, colors and cute sequins you used!!

hugs...

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous cards, Lin! I'm loving the bright palettes and the mini clothespins as the butterfly centers is too cute :)


*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Teresa Kline said...

hi Lin! this is sooo pretty, luv the gorgeous butterflies and the sweet sequins! hope you have a wonderful weekend!

sparkle & shine *~*

Pam W Merwin said...

These are amazing, Lin! I haven't tried a shaker card yet but you just inspired me to give it a try.

judkajudi said...

Love your shaker cards Lin!! So many pretty details .. I am loving those sequins!!

Clare said...

Soooo pretty! I love the beautiful die cuts on the second (and how you made the frame with washi!!)
Your second card is just so fun! Those big blooms are awesome!

Barb said...

I love these charming shaker cards, Lin! Both of them are so pretty!

Dawn T said...

awesome cards Lin. Shakers are so pretty using sequins.

debby4000 said...

Love both your colourful shaker cards.
luv
Debby

LauraJane:) said...

Your clothespin butterfly bodies are BRILLIANT!

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous Shaker cards Lin!!