Friday, July 11, 2014

This is the Life! release at Simon Says Stamp!


Today is the day that a whole new collection of stamps, dies, and stencils are being released at Simon Says Stamp!!  A week ago I gave you a sneak peek of a card I made using a fun die that is part of the collection.  Here's what I made with it:


My die is called Ice Cream Cones, and it can cut up to 3 cones at one time.  I chose to make myself a triple-scoop cone, and paired it with a vellum cloud paper from the Dear Lizzy Neapolitan collection by American Crafts.  My letters are Hero Arts Uppercase Alphabet, and I used mint and cotton candy cardstock from Simon.  And can you see that the cone is one of the new embossed dies?  After cutting it out, you can run it through your machine a second time to get a cool embossed texture on it!

Summer is my excuse to eat all the ice cream I can, so this card couldn't be more appropriate for me!

If you'd like to see the whole new This is the Life release, please click HERE.

9 comments:

Angela said...

Lin, this just "screams" summer fun! It reminds me of my favorite cold treat when I was a child - Sherbet!

Lisa Elton said...

How CUTE is this!! Love the soft colors and your triple scoop cone!

stampingandstitching said...

Oh Lin, this is such a sweet and pretty card! Love your yummy looking triple scoop ice cream and the beautiful patterned paper is the perfect background for it! It's such a hot day here, I think I'll have to treat us all to some ice creams - I'm sure the lads would enjoy triple scoops:)

Barb said...

Oh, boy, would I ever love to eat an ice cream cone like that! Darling card, Lin! ♥

snappy scrappy said...

So adorable, love the soft look!

CinnamonSally said...

Wow Lin perfect summery creation, I love your triple cone ice cream, fabulous colours too!!

Unknown said...

Yum! Can your card be any better than to scream summer and ice cream and soft fluffy clouds? Wonderful job.

Laura Norris said...

Love your ice cream triple scoop!! YUM!

debby4000 said...

Love your Ice Cream card, off to pop the die into my shopping basket.
luv
Debby