Thursday, August 21, 2014

Playdate #3

w&w_playdate3_august2014

Here is the sketch and the color scheme for this month's Playdate challenge at the Winnie & Walter blog.  My collection of their stamps is slowly growing, and these autumn colors are really lovely to me, so I hope to make several cards.  Here is my first one:


Having just received their Big, Bold Seasons set, that was a given.  I stamped it in rusty hinge distress ink on a piece of vellum.  The Darice embossing folder called Fall Leaf Background is also new.  I embossed it on some cream cardstock and lightly pounced an antique linen distress ink pad over it to bring out the details.  I affixed the vellum panel and then added the background panel to a grey card base.  Using the Impression Obsession Small Leaf Set, I cut out lots of leaves in golds, oranges, russets, and purples (which are looking brown here; need to use a brighter shade next time) and made them cascade down my card front.

As always, thanks for visiting, and I appreciate those of you who take the time to leave comments.

9 comments:

joy said...

They look purple to me, Lin! These colors are gorgeous and so is your card. Love your new embossing folder.

Betty said...

wonderful card, Lin - adding this to my pin board for autumn!

Pam W Merwin said...

Loving your card, Lin. It is getting close to my most favorite season of the year ~ fall! I have not started my collection of Winnie & Walter stamps but have my wish list :-)

Lisa Elton said...

I like the aged look of your embossed background, this is lovely!

Sue McRae said...

Love the distressed background and your choice of purple for some of the leaves!

Penny Ward said...

Gorgeous cards...and the colors...love them!

Stella said...

Wow this is gorgeous. I love the rustic look of your elegant backgrund. Lovely mix of colors. A beauty!

gardener said...

Autumn is my favorite season I think because of the colors. Your card is beautiful.

Jan Evans said...

A beautiful card!