Sunday, October 19, 2014

For a friend

A friend is moving away, and we will likely not see her often again.  I made her this card to wish her well.  It's a CASE of a card by Kay Miller that I recently saw in my blog-hopping.  I just love Kay's mix of the happy sunflower with the green gingham, and thought it would make a great card for my friend.


supplies: Lawn Fawn Our Friendship Grows (sunflowers and leaves), colored with markers and watercolors, sentiment from a retired The Craft's Meow set, green gingham from Simple Stories Harvest Lane, Doodlebug sprinkles

As always, thanks for visiting - enjoy the rest of your weekend!

14 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Oh I think your friend would appreciate it very much. It's so cheerful and warm, a perfect reminder of your friendship!!

Deb Walker Deb Stamps Life, LLC said...

Nothing like a sunny farewell Lin! I know I'd treasure something handmade to put on the mantel in the new place. Fair winds and following seas to your friend!

Barb said...

So delightful, Lin! Love the bit of gingham, perfect flower and enamel dots! ♥

Leni said...

Love the happy sunflowers! Great with the green gingham!

Lisa Elton said...

Super cute card Lin!

Dawn T said...

what a lovely card Lin. Such a pretty flower.

Kim Hall said...

Beautiful sunflower Lin Your friend will love this card!

Wanda Cullen said...

Gorgeous!! Love the gingham paired up with this lovely sunflower!

Nicole Parmentier said...

Lovely card! I like the fresch colours and the gingham, it goes so well with the sunflower!

Kara said...

such a bright cheerful card!

Helen L said...

Beautiful card: I love how sunny and happy it is!! Hugs, H in Healdsburg

Pam W Merwin said...

How special, Lin! She will love it :-)

Virginia L. said...

Love the warm and sunny colors! Beautiful! Well done on casing Kay's card!

Kelly Latevola said...

Love how you layered those beautiful flowers!