Monday, November 3, 2014

Let It Snow

Here's another challenge that has been in the back of my mind since it was posted, so much so that I think I dreamed about it!  It's from CASE This Sketch, and here's my take on it:


It uses a wide variety of supplies: Simon's Surf Blue cardstock, Core-dinations whitewash cardstock, sanded to bring out the pale blue core, Darice snowflake embossing folder, Simon's Eliza snowflake, cut from an Add a Little Dazzle Baby Blue metal sheet, and Robin Egg cupped flower sequins, and the sentiment is from Avery Elle's Let It Snow, stamped in Hero Arts mid-tone Pool ink.

Here's the awesome sketch, one I will use again, I know:


Since my snowflake is metallic, I'll enter this into Virginia's View current challenge: Metallics


10 comments:

LauraJane:) said...

This is so pretty! I've never heard of Core-dinations paper..it is very interesting!

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful Lin. There is something about blue and white for snowflakes isn't there. So glad you entered this to Virginia's challenge. Its lovely.

Becca Cruger said...

OOOooo! I love the shimmer of that metallic snowflake. Gorgeous, crisp, and clean!

joy said...

Gorgeous! LOVE the blue and white, as you know. :)

Greta said...

Oh what a neat sketch & what a gorgeous card, Lin! Pinning this!

Virginia L. said...

Way to use that delicate AE snowflake die and metal sheet! LOVE the light blue embossed background, too! FABULOUS design all around! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All About Metallic” Challenge!

Leigh Penner said...

This is beautiful! I love how you rotated the sketch!

Far North said...

What a beautiful elegant snowflake! Love the sanded flakes to and your EF is wonderful to have so much white space! TFS!

Jackie said...

Wow! This is stunning! I love the metallic blue snowflake.

Patti said...

Lovely in every way!! This is one of my all time fav color combos!

Patti