Thursday, May 28, 2015

Another Throwback Thursday card

This is my 2nd entry for this month's Throwback Thursday challenge at the Wplus9 blog.  The idea behind this challenge is to pull out some of our old stamps and use them again - I'll all for that, especially with this adorable Blanket Stitched Blooms from 2013. I was influenced this time by Maureen's 3rd card, but instead of using a curved die for the bottom of the raised panel, I did some fussy-cutting:


supplies: Blanket Stitched Blooms, spun sugar, squeezed lemonade, and bundled sage distress inks, Simon's surf blue ink and sentiment from Flower Friend and dots from Flowers on my Mind, moonshine sequins

I've used this set many times, but have never inked up the smaller flowers which are on the bottom of the card, so thank you, Maureen, for making me give them some love!  This card reminds me of something by Mary Engelbreit!

6 comments:

Sharon Underwood said...

This is adorable with all the little flowers. I like them at the bottom like that!

Sarah G said...

Pretty, fresh and perfectly stamped! I love this set too :)

Four11Lady said...

Very pretty!

Larissa Heskett said...

SUPER SWEET Card!! =) I LOVE this Set and the Neat Idea for Fussy Cutting along the edge!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

Dawn T said...

Just so pretty Lin. The colours are so sweet.

Maureen Merritt said...

Oh, I love the soft color palette you used here! Thanks so much for playing along in the WPlus9 TBT Challenge!