Sunday, May 17, 2015

More Geometrics

I have one more try for Taheerah's current Gossip column: Geometrics, at the Winnie & Walter blog this month.  I remembered a (now discontinued) The Craft's Meow stamp set called Geometric Foundations, and one of the stamps was a square design. 

I stamped it vertically once, then flipped the stamp and partially overstamped it a 2nd time to get the design I used here.  Then I did the same thing horizontally, matching the squares already stamped.  Here's the result:



supplies: TCM Geometric Foundations, Winnie & Walter the Big, the Bold, and You, orange, blue and black markers, orange metallic and blue sequins, blue card base

These end up looking a bit like nautical flags, and oh my, my hands don't have the control they used to for coloring these tiny squares, nor do my eyes, but I'm pleased with the results for the most part!  Thanks for stopping by today - hope you're enjoying your Sunday!

6 comments:

Brenda said...

Fabulous design Lin! My eyes are just awful as well, and since I took up the art of Zentangle and am drawing so small I actually have to wear spectacles over my contact lenses!

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun departure from you always pretty floral cards Lin! You are multi talented my friend. This is a fabulous design!

Dawn T said...

Very cleverly done Lin. You've made a great card.

Marybeth said...

Wonderful design Lin! This is something I find kinda hard to do. Love the font of the word ...you....

maria f. said...

Clever idea, Lin. I love how you nestled the sentiment in there.

Taheerah said...

Love the bold nature of this one - such a great contrast with your quilt colours and a wonderful masculine result! Thanks for spreading The Gossip on w&w's The Gossip Column!