Sunday, June 21, 2015

My favorites

My favorite color has always been this particular shade of blue - call it sky blue, true blue, Hero Arts calls it Cornflower Blue, and it is the ONLY ink I have found that doesn't have that touch of green that seems to be in vogue now for many years.  Don't get me wrong, I love aqua, teal, pool, turquoise, too, but this goes back to that country blue that I have always been drawn to.

So when Hero Arts current challenge has a category labeled "Favorite Color" as part of its latest challenge, I decided to start my card with their Cornflower Blue ink.  And I added in an old favorite and a new favorite product of theirs.  Pearls are a favorite of mine, too, so they got thrown into the mix.


supplies: white cardstock, blue and green foiled cardstock from a DCWV pad, Hero Arts Edged Fabric with Flowers, from 2011,  stamped in Cornflower Blue ink, Hero Arts flower and leaf dies from their Scallop Frame frame cuts die set, and their Hello Stamp & Cut set, (sentiment stamped in Memento Luxe Danube Blue, and heat embossed), white pearls.

When I went looking through my stash for a cardstock to match this cornflower blue, I couldn't find anything.  It seems that "they" have made this color disappear!  Then I looked through a pad of foiled cardstock, and this royal blue worked for me. Because the light is catching the foils differently on my photo above, I wanted to include some closer shots of those details.  The true color of that blue shows up more in the flowers - I bent the petals up slightly, so they are reflecting the light better.

As you can see, I used a stylus to add some veining to the leaves, and also added pearls to the centers of my flowers.  And because of all the blue, "I miss you" seemed the appropriate sentiment.

Here's the Tic Tac Toe board that we are using for this month's Hero Arts challenge.  I used the 3rd column: heat embossing, die-cutting, and my favorite color.

9 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

Such a pretty card! Love the shiny flowers too!

walchowDesign said...

Pretty card with the twist of the metalic foil adds special interest on the card, Lin!

Barb said...

Oooo! Those foil flowers look gorgeous, Lin! Beautiful card! ♥

Nancy said...

Beautiful card, Lin! Love this shade of blue and the gorgeous accent foil!

Sharon Underwood said...

Your cards are outstanding! I love this blue--it's absolutely gorgeous!

jintyoo7 said...

LOVELY :-) Love the shiny blue embellishing!

Lisa Elton said...

The blue foil flowers and pearl centers really kick this card up a notch!! Pretty Lin!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Amazing card, Lin! I just love that stamp and in that yummy blue! Those flowers add the perfect touch!

Deb Walker Deb Stamps Life, LLC said...

Catching up on your beautiful work Lin! Beautiful use of the foiled card stock--just bought some and can't wait to try it. Thanks for the inspiration as always my true blue friend.