Friday, November 6, 2015

For my Sister

Jennifer McGuire has challenged us all to spread around the kindness by making and actually sending out handmade cards!  This is something I need to work on; as the years have gone by, I make more cards, but send out less of them.

This is a card I made for my sister.  She is living the closest of the 3 of us sisters to my Mom, and I want her to know how much I appreciate all that she does for my Mom.  I can rest pretty easy knowing that Nancy is nearby when Mom needs something, be it on a daily basis or in an emergency.


supplies: cream, kraft, and autumn colored cardstock, Tim Holtz woodgrain embossing folder, inked with VersaFine Vintage Sepia ink, Hero Arts Dictionary Greetings and Stitched Frame stamp sets, Simon's Big Hugs and Stitched Maple Trio dies, seqins

week 1
And since there's lots of texture on this, with the embossed woodgrain and the leaves and sequins, I'd like to enter this into Virginia's View challenge for this month.

6 comments:

Aileen said...

Great tag Lin, love this challenge going on at this time. Think its great people thinking about who to thank. Its really brilliant letting your sister know how appreciated she is too. I'm the carer for my parents who both have dementia and Not that I would ever expect it, it would be nice.

Lisa Elton said...

I think your sister will feel that hug and the love that went into her card! Very pretty Lin!!

Cat Craig said...

Sweet card Lin. What a nice thanks.

kiwimeskreations said...

Lovely card Lin, and I am sure it will be appreciated. I have been in the situation of primary carer and it is not always easy, and some appreciation is always welcome.
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

beautiful. Very thoughtful card.

CherylQuilts said...

Lin, you are a precious a dear sister! Nancy is going to love this and really appreciate your "hug" and note inside of thanks. Having cared for two of our parents when they got older, I know how much your card wilI mean to her. I love the "big hug" die and have added that to my wish list at SSS, and it's a gorgeous card with the leaves! Hugs to you, sweet friend (and sweet sister). (I do love Jennifer's challenge.)