Sunday, February 14, 2016

....and one last PTI challenge!

Today's challenge at Papertrey Ink is a fun one - they have given us a Paper Crafting Alphabet, and we're to choose at least 3 letters from our (first or last) name, and take those requirements and make a card!


I chose L: Lean your sentiment at an angle
             I:   Use an Impression plate/some kind of dry embossing (Sizzix Dots)
            N: Try a New product that you haven't used yet (Simon's Hello You stamp set)

My Papertrey product is their Simple Sunflower stamp set.  To make my card, I masked off the sentiment area on an angle, then stamped my sunflowers on the top and bottom of my panel, using Ranger Lemon Twist, Simon JellyBean, and VersaFine Onyx Black inks.  I also did my dry embossing selectively, avoiding that center strip.  The panel was then attached to a black card, and I added some black strips along the sentiment strip before stamping my unused "Hey" and cutting and attaching the Sunshine die.  

Thanks for coming by on this frigid Valentine's Day - hope by now you are nice and cozy!  And  Happy 9th Birthday, Papertrey Ink - your celebrations all week have been lots of fun!

8 comments:

paperkicks said...

So bright and cheery! Beautiful card!

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful card Lin! Great to see all those pretty sunflowers on a cold night!

Amanda said...

I love the sunflowers! I totally forgot about that set. You have brought a little sunshine to this gray day.

Imke said...

This is wonderful, Lin. I have this stamp set too - thanks for the Inspiration.
My new Crafty home: My Crafty Place

Susi said...

Fab card for the Challenge, Lin - so sunny & cheerful!

Cat Craig said...

Oh what a cheerful card. I am sitting here watching it snow (which I love because I don't have to be out in it) and your bright sunshine card just brought a bit of summer to me.

Karen B. said...

So pretty! I missed the timing on the last two...wish I could have made it! I think I might go back and make them anyway.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card Lin - love how you chose your letters and then used the techniques on this vibrant and cheerful card
Blessings
Maxine