Sunday, February 14, 2016

Heart of Roses

Happy Valentine's Day, friends!  Hope you get to spend  your day with someone special, be it your honey, your kids, or a good friend!

It took me awhile to get this Heart of Roses die......it sold out several times before I was able to get it into my shopping cart!  For today's first card, I cut it out of carnation, green apple, and white, and then pieced the roses and leaves back into the frame.


supplies: white, Green Apple, and Hero Arts Carnation cardstock, dp from Simple Stories wood plank, Simon's Heart of Roses and Painted Hugs dies

And I decided to go bright and channel my inner Donna Mikasa for my next card:


supplies: white and black cardstock, picked raspberry, carved pumpkin, and mustard seed distress inks, mini blending tools, Simon's Heart of Roses die and sentiment from Lila's Heart, Cuttlebug Cross My Heart embossing folder, gold sequins

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Greta said...

2 beautiful cards, Lin! I haven't been able to get that die yet, but it's on my wishlist!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two gorgeous heart cards, Lin - love that diecut! Hope you and Denny have a wonderful Valentine's Day!!

Karen B. said...

Such a fantastically cozy first card and I love the colors on your second.

stampingandstitching said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Lin! Love both of your cards and the way you've used the gorgeous die is two completely different ways! The colours on your pieced heart are so pretty and it looks great again the wood bg! Beautiful inking and embossing on the second card and I love the way the heart and sentiment really pop against the gorgeous bg!

Cat Craig said...

Oh I like both your cards, but the first is absolutely swoon worthy. Looks so fabulous on the wood bg.

Lisa Elton said...

I see why the die is sold out!! These are both so pretty!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, Lin, that die is gorgeous! I really love the way you've pieced the roses back in the colors they may be found in nature! Beautiful!

Barb said...

I'm so glad you finally got that die, Lin! Both cards are just beautiful! ♥

Sally said...

I'm still hoping to get that die, too, Lin. Both of these cards are so different, yet both so beautiful! Hope your Valentine's Day was wonderful!

kiwimeskreations said...

What wonderful cards Lin - love the two totally different uses of the die.
Blessings
Maxine