Tuesday, February 9, 2016

I LOVE these colors!

Today's card is made for the current Pinterest Inspired challenge.  Those colors drew me right in, and looked like a quilt to me, so I was off and running.


supplies: white cardstock, Lil Inker Circles & Diamonds Stitched Pattern cover plate and their coordinating Diamonds stamp set, lots of green and blue inks, a Sizzix Flowers embossing folder, Winnie & Walter In a Word: Hello cutaway

I love how the bright white makes these colors pop even more!  If I was still quilting, I would love to work on a quilt using them!  So, the process: impress the Stitched Pattern cover plate into a white card panel, then use the diamonds and pointy ovals, for lack of a better description, from the coordinating stamp set to "piece" in the various colors, using a variety of blue and green inks.  When complete, as I often do, I thought I'd add a quilt-like texture by running it through an embossing folder.   And lastly, I cut 3 of the sentiment, glued them together, then popped it above the finished panel.

I'm also entering this into Winnie & Walter's 2nd Birthday Bash challenge, this one to create your own background.

w&w_bb2ndb_challengefinal

12 comments:

Barb said...

Wow! I love those colors too, Lin! What a wonderful effect you achieved! So beautiful! ♥

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous card, it really looks so quilty with the added texture of the embossing.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! The colors that you choose are lovely too!

Lisa Elton said...

You nailed this Lin, so PRETTY!!

Unknown said...

That's an awesome card, right on point to the inspiration. Suz

Karen B. said...

Just found your blog again after taking a long break and have enjoyed catching up on your projects! I just love this one!

Maureen Morton said...

I LOVE this card! Colors and all. Pure delight.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, how gorgeous! I love it, Lin! Fabulous take on the inspiration photo!

Melissa L. said...

Oooooooo, Lin. Absolutely lovely!

PiecesbyEmily said...

WOW, all the textures on this card are just amazing, Lin! LOVE it!

jan metcalf said...

Lovely card!

Cris G. said...

Your card does look like a beautiful quilt, Lin! Love all the textures, but what I love the most is that you created a kind of ombre quilted pattern from dark on top to light at the bottom... definitely ingenious! Congrats on your well deserved win!