Monday, October 10, 2016

A CAS birthday card

I've been wanting to play with these Game Tile Letters stamps, and decided to make a card "just because".  I chose to make a simple birthday card, but really, this design would work for any occasion you can think of.......


supplies: textured white and autumn orange cardstocks, Simon's Game Tile Letters stamps, fall-toned distress inks (ripe persimmon, fossilized amber, fired brick, carved pumpkin, and candy apple), and water, "to" from Winnie & Walter Big, Bold You, "you" from (retired) Technique Tuesday Simply You by Ali Edwards, MFT Blueprints 20 stitched rectangle die

I divided my panel into quarters, and then started at the center, stamping each letter separately to build my sentiment.  Then I diluted my distress inks very slightly with water and sloshed them on the tiles, not trying to keep anything "in the lines".  I splattered the leftover puddles on my panel after I was finished painting, let it dry, and then stamped the rest of the sentiment in black.

The sky's the limit with this set, especially for when you can't find just the right sentiment.  And it makes a great option for masculine cards, too - simple and to the point!

Thanks for coming by today - have a great week!

5 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your colorful birthday tiles, Lin - so fun with the slooshed color!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous - love the relaxed look of this card Lin
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Beautiful card Lin. Great splatter background

Unknown said...

Love your card Lin ! These Game Tile Letters stamps are terrific, it would be perfect to make a card to my mother, she loves to play scrabble ! I love how you colored them and the splatters behind ! Thanks for sharing.
Izzy Scrap

Cat Craig said...

What great idea for that set!