Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Simon Says..........Christmas to Die For

wed-newchallenge-header

Welcome to another challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Our theme this week is "Christmas to Die For", and the team are playing with Simon Says Stamp exclusives.

For my first card, I used a stamp and die set, Reason for the Season, that I've been wanting since it was released - I finally snagged them, and here is my first play with them:


supplies: cream, 2 browns, 2 blues, and a kraft woodgrain cardstock, metallic platinum cardstock, ancient dps from my paper collection, Simon Nativity stamps and Holy Couple & Barn dies, platinum embossing powder, adhesive foam squares to pop the couple forward

And another picture that shows off the sentiments better.




I first tried coloring the holy couple with markers, but I wasn't happy with my results, so I decided to paper-piece them.  It was a bit fiddly with these old eyes, but I'm pleased with how they turned out - I was able to find cardstock colors that I liked much better than my limited selection of marker colors......

My next card uses nothing but dies, and an embossing folder - no stamping at all.  

supplies: white, red, and Audrey Blue cardstock, aqua glitter cardstock, Simon Birch Tree Window and Stitched Rectangle dies, cardinals from Impression Obsession Birch Trees die set, sentiment from Tim Holtz Holiday Words: Script, snowflakes from Concord & 9th Take a Bough, Taylored Expressions Winter Flurry embossing folder

Now it's your turn - I can't wait to see what you create!  Heidi has provided another $50.00 gift voucher

50dollar_voucher_600px

to the amazing Simon Says Stamp store for 1 lucky random winner of this week's challenge!

13 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Both so beautiful!!

Virginia L. said...

Adore both of your cards, Lin! I love the warm tones on your first as it is so subtle and beautiful! The 2nd card is so bright and happy...you know what birds do to us, right? (LOL) Wish you and your beautiful family a very Happy Thanksgiving! Sending big hugs!

Stephanie said...

Both designs are so beautiful, it's impossible to pick a favorite :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Teresa Kline said...

pretty cards lin...luv the silhouettes of the birth of christ...sweet. hope you have a super thanksgiving with family and frineds!

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a pretty Nativity, Lin, and I love your cardinals in the birch trees!!

Lisa Elton said...

These are both wonderful Lin!!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Lin, both of them are awesome! I love the nativity scene and the red cardinals are stunning, both great designs 😍❤️❤️

Luv
Lols x X X

Tracy Freeman said...

Both really lovely cards Lin, I am with Lols and love the nativity scene.
Sending hugs xxx

Cat Craig said...

Both cards are fabulous examples of die cut cards. Love the colors you chose for each of the cards.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous cards Lin! The nativity scene is adorable xx

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful cards Lin. Especially love the 'reason for the season' card. That stamp and die set is amazing. The red birds look so pretty on the die-cut trees on the second card.

stampingbowd said...

Wow! Your cards are stunning! I love your starry background and the wonderful sandy earth below on the first one. Your winter scene on the second card is gorgeous! I love how you used the embossing folder in the background. Beautiful cards!

Deb Walker Deb Stamps Life, LLC said...

Lovely work here Lin--my favorite is the Nativity card:) Great to see what you've been putting your own stamp on these days my friend!