Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Simon Says...........A Bit o' Green

wed-newchallenge-header

Welcome to another challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!


With a nod to the upcoming St. Patrick's Day, our theme this week is "A Bit o' Green", and the design team are using Taylored Expressions products; if you have any of their products, we'd love you to use them, too, but it isn't a requirement to enter.

I used a bit of green and a whole lot of green for my cards this week!

My first card features a Taylored Expressions cutting plate, to make a spring-feeling woodland card.  I mixed 3 distress inks for my background spring green.


supplies: white and Desert Storm cardstock, music dp, Taylored Expressions Birch Tree cutting plate, Avery Elle Kitsch Christmas (deer), Spectrum Aqua markers to color, DieNamics Snow Drifts die, mowed lawn, lucky clover, and twisted citron distress inks and water splatters, sentiment from Simon's Beautiful Ride

I cut my birch trees from music dp; I think this gives a more spring-like feel than stark white cardstock.  Then I sponged my 3 distress inks randomly onto a white cardstock panel and lightly spritzed it with water.  I sponged only mowed lawn onto a 2nd cardstock scrap, spritzed again, die-cut the top edge with a Snow Drifts die, and stamped my sentiment.  These 3 panels were then layered onto the card base.  My little fawns were stamped on a light kraft cardstock and colored with markers before fussy-cutting them and placing on the card.  I was tickled to use them because they were designed by our teamie Caryn!

For my 2nd card, I used a pretty TE bouquet cling stamp, and the leaves and sentiment are my "bit o' green":


supplies: Cornflower Blue and Green Apple cardstock, Bristol paper, Taylored Expressions Wildflower Bouquet, Zig watercolor markers and water to color, Spellbinder's Floral Oval die

Now it's your turn - I can't wait to see what you create!  Heidi has provided another $50.00 gift voucher

50dollar_voucher_600px

to the amazing Simon Says Stamp store for 1 lucky random winner of this week's challenge!

10 comments:

Tracy Freeman said...

Two gorgeous cards Lin, those trees look fab and such pretty flowers. Sending hugs xxx

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Both cards are lovely and I am a touch partial to the sweet deer! What great bits of green!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two gorgeous cards, Lin - especially love your musical paper birch trees and the yummy bouquet!!

Cat Craig said...

Sweet cards Lin, the deer are adorable and the posies are so sweetly pretty.

Lorraine A said...

2 beautiful cards Lin :-) the deer are so adorable and I love the background and the posy of flowers is so pretty :-) LOVE them :-)

luv
Lols x x x

lorby said...

Both cards are very pretty. I love your use of the music designed paper for the woods. What a unique idea.

Lisa Elton said...

The sheet music trees are so cute!! And your floral card is charming. Love them both Lin!

Dawn T said...

Adorable deer Lin and love your flowers are so pretty

Migdalia said...

Such an adorable deer card!! The flowers card is simply beautiful!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Cool! I really like the way you die cut the trees in the background from a piece of sheet music. Blessings!