Sunday, August 6, 2017

A mix of favorites

Today I used a favorite wooden plank cling stamp along with lots of other things that are favorites, too, for my card.  This one just makes me smile - it was fun to create and I love the results!



supplies: white, pale gold, and Simon Surf Blue cardstock, Impression Obsession Wooden Plank, VersaMark ink and Simon white embossing powder, Altenew Painted Flowers, My Favorite Things Thanks die, tonic eyelet lace punch, Lucy's sequin mix 

I white embossed the planks on a piece of Surf Blue cardstock, trimmed it to fit a white card base, and then added the other elements, cutting the sentiment 3 times and stacking them.

I love the contrast of the "soft" lace and flowers against the "hard" wood plank background!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

7 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful and it is so very much "lin".

Lisa Elton said...

Fabulous card Lin!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the painted flowers with the wood plank and the pretty lace, Lin!!

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous. Love the white wood look on the blue. I like that idea.

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

I had no idea you white embossed the wood plank stamp until I read your post; how creative to do that on the blue card stock for such a realistic look. I love the colors you've used and the lace on the side. Beautiful card.

nlwilson46 said...

Beautiful card! I was just thinking that one of the things I love about your posts is that you don't always use the newest releases. It's so refreshing to see products used that we might actually already own!

CherylQuilts said...

This is beautiful, Lin! I love the blue and yellow, and I almost used this stamp set the other day! Beautifully done with the wooden plank background! Stunning! Hugs!