Friday, August 18, 2017

Posies and Gingham

It's Five for Friday at Tammy Tutterow's blog, and here's my contribution......since we're nearing the end of summer, I thought I'd use some bright colors for a change, although these particular ones on this first card would also work for fall, don't you think?


supplies: white cardstock, Tammy's Posie Parade 2-step stencil, Tiny Sentiments cling, Frayed Posies flowers and leaves from Pom Pom Posies dies, distress inks, finger dauber, Simon's Stitched Rectangle dies, yellow button and twine

The background/frame is a 2-step stencil which I daubed with various summery distress inks.  One of the stencils has all the flower bases on it, and the 2nd overlying one has the flower centers and the leaves.  I used some of the same inks to sponge my flower dies and leaves and added a big yellow button to pull that color into the center.  The Tiny Sentiments are proving to be so useful - they cover all kinds of occasions and are the perfect size!

Next up, another card mixing stencils and stamps:


supplies: white cardstock, Tammy's Gingham 2-step stencil, broken china distress oxide ink, Flower Swag 5 and one of the Tiny Sentiments cling stamps, Zig markers, MFT Stitched Mini Scallop Square die, adhesive foam squares

I hope you'll visit Tammy's Blog to see what my talented sisters have done this time!

5 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Wow, wow, and wow! I am always blown away by your beautiful use of color and your clever use of these stamps, stencils and dies. Card perfection once again! xo

Catherine said...

This is gorgeous, Lin! I love both of your cards and the way you used Tammy's stencils to create beautiful backgrounds. They're adorable!

Cathie ♥

Cat Craig said...

I am in love with the gingham for sure. So darling.

Lisa Elton said...

Another pair of your pretty floral cards Lin!!

Dawn T said...

So pretty Lin. These are perfect for showcasing Tammy's products