Saturday, December 16, 2017

Sharing a Christmas Card.......

.........a mix of old and new.  I'm winding down the year and will be around mostly for assigned DT posts, but I may sneak in and out to share some Christmas cards you haven't seen yet for this year.


supplies: Schoolhouse Red, green, white and gold foiled card stock, PTI Mix & Mat Scallops dies, Spellbinders Layered Poinsettia dies, (retired) The Craft Meow sentiment, gold pearl, adhesive foam strips

I love the elegant effect that this rectangular doily set of dies gives to my card.  In my mind I can imagine them as snowflakes.   It is actually a set of 3 dies, but I've left them attached to cut them and this is the result.  I was afraid that my black ink would smear on the gold foil paper, so I quickly heat embossed it with clear powder to avoid that problem.  This set of poinsettia dies cuts and also embosses some detail into the petals; I used 3 of the smallest sizes.

Hope you're enjoying your weekend.  I'm listening to some wonderful music on PBS tonight!

7 comments:

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

What a beautiful Christmas card, Lin. Love the white doily (snowflake) background and the bold colors.

Cat Craig said...

Oh my gosh Lin, this is spectacular!

Nancy said...

Just beautiful, Lin! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Arlene said...

So elegant and beautiful. Have a very Merry Christmas.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the look of the doily rectangle behind the poinsettia, Lin!!

Lisa Elton said...

The lacy panel is beautiful and the perfect background for the poinsettia! Pretty card Lin!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love this Lin - the white over the strong red is stunning
May your Christmas be blessed with love
Maxine